AuthorTopic: [PAID] - Quick job - 8 frame walk cycle for a big muscle guy (Edit - Closed!)  (Read 2899 times)

Offline BattleJenkins

• View Profile
    • Battle! Studio
Hello, there! My name's Tim Jenkins, working under the moniker of Battle! Studio to make a 2D platform game called Grapple Force Rena. While I was originally developing the game by myself using an experimental serial distribution model, that plan didn't work out, and I've since switched over to a more traditional development model. Long story short: I have a publisher interested in my game, though they want to see what a version of the game with higher production values would look like before they consider giving me the green light.

My current task is to take one level of the game and re-make it, enhancing the visuals and the variety of content on display - basically give a glimpse of what the game would look like if I had a small team instead of having to make it myself and be more conservative with how many hours of work I put into each individual area.

But enough about all that! Let's get to the task at hand. This is Commander Hurgh.

He's big, mean, heavy, and a good deal larger than everyone else. He can point and jump around and stuff, but giving him a walk cycle was one of the things I had to pass on in order to keep making the game from taking forever. But that's changed! I'm making a version of the game that doesn't cut corners, so he needs to walk!

And, of course, since time is valuable, I'm willing to pay! My budget is $25~$40 for an 8 frame walk cycle, preferably one where he swings his arms and his torso and head shift from side to side, and I would like it done within a week of taking the job. I'm not expecting any speculative or free work - just go ahead and send me a price quote and some examples of your work in a PM, and I'll pick someone for the job over the next couple of days. I'll send along a zip file containing the rest of his sprites, too, so you'll have more to work with than just his idle animation.

I'll pay half of the money up front and half of the money on completion - a service like PayPal is preferred, but I can also send money through Amazon Payments or send a money order or whatever if that doesn't work out.

I figure this would be a pretty quick job for someone used to cranking out walk cycles, but if the amount I'm offering isn't enough for the job, don't hesitate to let me know - I'm used to doing everything myself, so part of why I'm posting this up is so I can get a bit of practice contracting work out to people.

Thank you for your consideration!

EDIT - I found someone for the job - thanks for everyone who sent me their portfolios!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:36:42 pm by BattleJenkins »

Offline Nucleax

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: [PAID] - Quick job - 8 frame walk cycle for a big muscle guy

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:24:42 am
Hello Mr. Jenkins, I am a freelance character artist.
I have about 5 years of experience in these areas as well as 4 years on college education in game development.
I am very interested in your offer and the price range seems perfectly fair for what you're asking.

My portfolio website can be found at:
http://anthonytylerjr.wix.com/portfolio
Where I have also posted my first completed pixel game, currently awaiting greenlight on steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336076808
You can contact me at:
Riageki@gmail.com

Offline BattleJenkins

• View Profile
    • Battle! Studio

Re: [PAID] - Quick job - 8 frame walk cycle for a big muscle guy

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 01:35:50 pm
Thanks to everyone who applied! Sorry to say, but this job has been filled! I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten with regards to the rates offered and such, and I'll definitely keep it in mind for next time I have a gig to offer!