AuthorTopic: Dark Creature Attack/Walk animations  (Read 8454 times)

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Re: Dark Creature Attack/Walk animations

Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 01:13:37 am
One thing though, atm I'm at 8 frames (not counting the 2 default standing frames), if I were to add in a couple more frames to exaggerator on the wobble after he is done biting, could that make an impact gameplay wise? Since there would be a small window open even after it's done biting.

it would have an impact yeah. the longer the benign part of the animation, the bigger the window for the player to counter-attack or escape is. but other things could happen to offset that if you wanted, in programming. like if the creature doesnt have to finish the full animation every time it bites, so it can cancel its own attack after a certain frame and attack again in quick succession, only finishing the full animation when youre not in a certain range of it

nice update, a few things - watch the abdomen, it doesnt really match up at the end of the animation with the standing abdomen. in my last edit i also gave the abdomen a bit of drag, so it lagged behind when he pushed forward and then catches up and deforms a bit appropriately. its this abdomen momentum petering out that then creates the bulk of the wobble effect at the end. also watch the legs, they look like theyre sometimes not rooted to the ground but a pixel or two higher. the leftmost leg for example looks almost like he has an ankle joint two pixels up it

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 02:54:54 am
looks pretty fierce already. good stuff  :y:

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 03:29:36 am
super nice sprite! I think you can push it even further. I tried having him pick up his front legs and lean into his back ones before the bite. You can also play with his shape on the bite frame and shove his hump in to elongate him and make the action frame have more impact.

->

my edit is sorta crummy as far as smoothness post-bite, but i hope it helps!

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 05:51:03 am
I feel like there could be a great opportunity to use the blur of the white teeth to emphasize the motion in 1 frame

Offline ENDESGA

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 11:31:33 pm
I feel like there could be a great opportunity to use the blur of the white teeth to emphasize the motion in 1 frame

Oh wow, this one is definitely awesome!