AuthorTopic: Daim Iterates (ongoing!)  (Read 12909 times)

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Re: Daim Iterates (ongoing!)

Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 12:10:49 pm
So I've got conflicting light sources, mainly in the close arm and his left (our left) thigh.

You're dead on about the close arm, Iv'e been going back and forth with that, tryiing to make it both fun to look at and technically correct. Still not finished with it, apparently. The shadow on the left (our left) thigh is being cast by his overhanging arm, not the manpanties. Though I suppose that would be clearer if I had rendered his that arm correctly in the first place.

I'll get right on it, boss.

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 04:32:37 am
Alright, am I moving forward or backward here?

Old

New
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:15:43 pm by Daimoth »

Offline Night

• exidelo
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/26118.htm
    • Exidelo
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 06:34:15 pm
A little bit of both.
Where is the light source coming from, exactly? To me it feels, with the latest version (and input you've providing about the shadow on thigh), that it comes from the absolute right; but I originally thought that it is supposed to come from the top front right.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 12:26:23 pm
made an edit for fun.
hope u get something out of it.

now he looks a bit like The Mask at an S&M party but ah well.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:14:52 pm by Decroded »

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 01:47:43 pm
Aiming for top front right lighting. In the most recent iteration I darkened the arm more to imply he was holding his elbows back a bit, but now it looks like only his chest is receiving light, almost like he's pulling his elbows back behind himself. I'll reshade his right arm, pull his right elbow out a bit, and maybe add more colors. Too much highlight on the left side of his face as well. Additional fiddling required.

Decroded:
Great edit. What I'm getting from it is I can afford to better distribute light and shadow. Your knee placement is superior. Better contrast, too. *sigh* Still a newbie.  I will likely compare my new iterations to yours, if for no other reason than my iteration look like buttered butts against light backgrounds.

Offline Night

• exidelo
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/26118.htm
    • Exidelo
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 05:42:58 pm
Try imagining how the light would hit your character from above, not necessarily drawing it (although that would help even more), but just giving yourself a rough idea in your head of how it would look like.

*sigh* Still a newbie.
Skill takes time, be patient. :)
There is light at the end of the tunnel.