AuthorTopic: Horror Game Character Animation/Scenes  (Read 7196 times)

Offline Shade

• View Profile

Re: Horror Game Character Animation/Scenes

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 07:35:39 pm
Personally I think the bobbing looks more like she is hopping, also maybe adding some shoulder movement to stop the upper body being so stiff.

Offline PixHammer

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 09:53:02 pm
Personally I think the bobbing looks more like she is hopping, also maybe adding some shoulder movement to stop the upper body being so stiff.

I think i agree, this looks very nice!

Edit: Hmm, in-game it looks kinda goofy, like she's sliding around, the animation runs slightly slower than here, and hte bobbing looks less hop-y
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:02:01 pm by PixHammer »

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 10:34:34 pm
Yea, I'd have to disagree with Shade. Walk cycles need a little vertical movement. It looks weird when everything else is moving and the head remains in the precisely the same place.
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline PixHammer

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 06:37:24 pm
Okay so another one, this time the character is sat alseep on a chair, and is startled awake:

Thoughts/Improvements?

Offline Zia

• Pixel herding is hard work.
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 07:59:22 pm
The placement of the thighs looks really unnatural. They're incredibly short in this image. It's okay when she's leaning, but as soon as she sits up straight it looks more like she's on a stool than on a chair. Her back also feels really upright and stiff for sitting.

I might also add some little "exclamation" lines to make it a bit more dramatic, as I'm assuming this will probably be done for humor value.
Eriophora Zia