AuthorTopic: [PROFIT SHARE] Pixel Artist for an Indie RPG Wanted  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Cancercookie

• View Profile
Pixel Artists Wanted

We are developing a medieval themed TOP-DOWN Indie RPG.
Our objective is to publish the game demo and project on Kickstarter and found it.
If this phase goes well, we should have around 5000$.
After that goal we finish it and publish the final product on Steam Greenlight.
But to do that we need a pixel artist like you. We want to make the game graphics like titan souls.
Simple but effective.

To get hired we need to see your work. To apply for this role please send us the following :
16x16 base tile set of a scenario like a dungeon, a city or woods
a structure like a house or anything else
a character 

For the payment we mean to do a profit share if the reach the goal on Kickstarter and successively if we reach a major distribution on Steam there will be a little profit share.

For more info or to send your work:

jaritarabelli1@icloud.com

Sorry for the bad english.

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile

Re: [PROFIT SHARE] Pixel Artist for an Indie RPG Wanted

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 08:00:58 pm
Can you give some more information about the game itself?

Offline Cancercookie

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:05:35 pm
Sorry but the game is in a embrional stage, we have only ideas in our mind for story, characters, ambience and we have developed part of gameplay (IA, movements, attacks, ecc) with basic sprites taken from Zelda ALTTP.

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:08:06 pm
well you got to have something in mind already that you could tell us about, we want to know what we are into when applying for jobs

Offline Cancercookie

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:20:48 pm
As rules, I don’t have to tell you anything else for keep the secretive.

The only thing you need to know is that it should be a TOP-DOWN RPG with a Zelda-like graphic and gameplay, as already said (or Titan souls, whatever).
If you want to know about the kind of game I can only tell you that it should have both humoristic and psychological trama, and is focused (on the gameplay side) in the use of a primary weapon (should be sword) and other items obtainable during the game. The point of force of this game is his unique AI and its difficulty.
Actually we are searching for something else that can turn the game really unique.
Apart from that, you as a graphic don’t need to know anything else I suppose. And I think I’ve already said too much. If someone is really interested contact me via mail or PM or directly send your application.

Offline grigoreen

• Pixel art chameleon
    • grigoreen
    • grigoreen.tumblr.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio site

Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 02:05:56 pm
Hello.

If you are interested finding an artist I'd advise you to develop and nail down the gameplay aspects in first place and then build up commercial development scheme and search for an artist/composer/whatever after.

You simply spook away potential artist by saying that the game is in "embrional stage". You will make them question themselves "what i am working on then?" and in the end, most probably, it might end as a bad experience for both sides.

In short, develop the gameplay first (or at least make an illusion here on forum that its well developed) and then search for team members.

Offline Matwek

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 07:34:04 pm
as a graphic (artist you) don’t need to know anything else I suppose. And I think I’ve already said too much.
That might be the case if someone was working for upfront pay, but as a profit share project I would expect to know everything about the game. From concept to production and a detailed run down of how you intend to promote the game once its finished.
Anyone taking on a profit share before finding that out is asking for trouble.