AuthorTopic: A pixel art Q/A format website!  (Read 2475 times)

Offline transilience

• View Profile

A pixel art Q/A format website!

on: April 14, 2015, 06:29:39 pm
Hi All,

I'm a relatively recent member of Pixelation and I love the community and forum layout, but I feel like it leaves something to be wanted when concerning WIP part of the site.

I made a proposal on Stack Exchange Area51 to create a Pixel Art Q/A sub site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/86270/pixel-art?referrer=gRUDLZsR5CvrHNoc4LZ2-g2

If you go to the link, sign up and support the proposal, we could expand the community into a great Q/A site that can really help everyone advance in their art work!

Hope you all like the idea and support it!

Offline hapiel

• PJ mod
    • hapiel
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9092.htm
    • View Profile

Re: A pixel art Q/A format website!

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:02:59 pm
According to StackExchange, such a website would need to get a minimum of 10 questions per day during the beta phase to be considered 'healthy'.. I can not imagine 10 people daily asking unique questions related to pixel art, not based on their own images.
There is are pixel art reddits, facebook groups, multiple large forums, a gallery site, what would stop anyone from asking their questions at one of these places?

It is nice of you to take initiative, but I don't believe the pixel community is in need of a Q/A site...

Offline transilience

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:30:12 pm
No worries, I definitely understand how the minimum of questions looks too high. I think if the members of this community, PJ, and other out there used the same QA site then it would reach that threshold.

There's also no rush, the proposal to my knowledge can exist indefinitely (at least a year before it get's closed but can be reopened if it picks up traction). I use StackExchange sites a bit and noticed there wasn't a Pixel Art one even under proposal, so took that initiative myself since I figured I for one would use it.

The idea behind using the QA site vs other communities is the organization of the QA format and a better system of reputation for users. It would also be great to formulate a better scope of opinions among users as to which edit of a work was "better" or rated higher.

I guess you're right though, I'd still like to see a Q/A type site for edits and tips though, just seems cleaner and better than having to read through posts and figure out which advice to weigh over other.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 11:50:47 pm
I'd rather people ask questions here than one of those Q/A sites, because they feel so impersonal..