AuthorTopic: Nylocke Fanart [C&C]  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Leogrim

• View Profile

Nylocke Fanart [C&C]

on: April 13, 2015, 03:01:21 am
So I heard a new TOME episode came out (a webseries) an thought like I would do a fanart of one character.

I do like it...but something is off...the cloak seems stiff, the lower hand is a mess and some other areas like the hair and the head are grinding my gears. Any guidance, corrections or tips how to fix it?

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: Nylocke Fanart [C&C]

Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:42:18 am
Any reference what this guy is supposed to look like?
hard to offer advice without knowing ur goal but he can definitely use more contrast.
The other main issue is I can't work out the pose he's doing it kind of looks like he's twisting awkwardly

Offline Leogrim

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 05:00:41 am
http://kirbopher15.deviantart.com/art/TOME-Nylocke-307962407

That was the reference I used.

I hope I can explain the pose. Left foot points away from the viewer, right foot to the front. The left arm is behind the right one and holds the hilt below the right hand. But I will see to it to fix the pose...it seems it doesn't read well. D:

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 12:47:38 pm
That's what I thought it just seems like an awkward pose.
to be turning at that angle holding a sword with both hands and hunching looks uncomfortable.

besides the pose u need more contrast and I think he should have a dark (not black) outline around the outside.

For details like his hair fringe I'd say avoid single pixel clusters as this turns into a grainy kind of noise instead.
u could consolidate the double hair things into one on each side so it reads better without sacrificing character.

do u think the expression on his face suits his character?
I really have no idea but he doesn't look like the serious type in the reference, more like someone who grins in the face of danger