AuthorTopic: [CC] [OC] Zappa, Mercury, Lynne, and Lennon  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Re: [CC] [OC] Zappa, Mercury, Lynne, and Lennon

Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 06:57:29 pm
I tried an alternative method- downsized > cleaned up the pixels > upscaled.

This way, you might be able to achieve the "pixel look"

>
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:59:09 pm by Friend »

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 02:46:38 am
@Friend: hm... that does look better than my original, but as I noted before, I wasn't necessarily going for a pixel look. I think I'm going with Dawnbringer's solution. Thanks for the edit.

@Probo: I agree, but I really don't know what can be done. Their most iconic features are the same - round glasses and shaggy hair.

I suppose one will just have to know based on the context of the other people. Although Mercury is probably the only one immediately recognizable to the average person (if that), so maybe I should have their last names under the picture.

@Dawnbringer: Thanks for pointing me towards that tool. I think I'll go with doing that with cleanup. I also forgot to paste the new hand on Lennon and Mercury so I need to do that haha.

On an unrelated note, thanks so much for making the DB32 palette. I recently change my game's palette to that... its a vast improvement over my own. :P

Thanks for the words guys... I guess I won't be posting on this anymore since once I upscale it, it'll fall out of the domain of pixel art.
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 12:30:50 am

I fixed Lennon's Harry Potterness

it still super looks like harry potter to me dude, its the clothes too -

I think this also might be due to the Gryfindor gold of Lennon's background. :P If you have not already printed this, it would be a quick fix