AuthorTopic: *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿Kaira PixelArt Speedpainting Progess✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*  (Read 11052 times)

Offline Idera

• View Profile
There will always be quality critique from people with greatly varying personal tastes and often good skill.
If one does not wish to improve, there is always DeviantArt.

I've been on there for 4 years... so...

Personally, I wouldn't have left a critique here since it was pretty clear the intent was to share, not ask for a critique. Eh, damage has been done.

Lol... pretty much.

Never take critique personally; everyone wants you to improve and get better. If something you're doing is wrong it's better to be told it, rather than continuing to perpetuate that mistake only to find it's been detracting from your work.

I've found that critique can be really helpful in giving you a more objective view on a piece/body of work; sometimes we all find ourselves at a stage where we're "settled" with what we do and that can promote resting on one's laurels and complacency.

I know that part. Just that.. it kinda feels unusual being critiqued in that type of way... sounds more rude than helpful. It would be better if they did it more politely. Plus i'm kind of feeling a bit stupid when people say this is the wrong place to post this and not even directing me where to because I can't tell where to exactly put this at specifically.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:25:32 pm by PixelPiledriver »

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
If you are JUST looking to share artwork and NOT looking for critique I would post in the Daily Sketch forum or better yet the General/Creativity forum

Also, it is probably better to have each of your responses all in one post. It would be more convenient for people to read and would update the topic less.  :)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile
the video did end with a question.
I answered the question honestly.

personally I can't get my head around an artist who isn't open to critique.
I've learned SO much from participating in this forum from the ppl kind enough to share their views and its all constructive and valuable.
some opinions are much better than others but sometimes I've ignored advice only to reflect on it later and realize they actually had a point eg tidbit said some of the art for my game needed more saturation but it wasn't until I loaded it all in-engine that I realised he was right...

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
If you are JUST looking to share artwork and NOT looking for critique I would post in the Daily Sketch forum or better yet the General/Creativity forum
Do we have anything intermediate? Like, 'This isn't a major project so I don't want to make a whole thread for it, but if anyone has crits, they are appreciated and hopefully I will make an update incorporating them'. Neither the Daily Sketch thread nor the OT-Creativity thread seems to match that -- for both of them, critique seems mildly discouraged, as you say.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile
the video did end with a question.
I answered the question honestly.

I've learned SO much from participating in this forum from the ppl kind enough to share their views and its all constructive and valuable.
some opinions are much better than others but sometimes I've ignored advice only to reflect on it later and realize they actually had a point eg tidbit said some of the art for my game needed more saturation but it wasn't until I loaded it all in-engine that I realised he was right...

From what I can read the artist is open to critique, but as a newcomer, might need a more gentle approach.

To OP: if you're looking to improve this piece don't worry, you're in the right place. If you post the image and are up to it, someone here can take a stab at editing it and try to fix things that can be done better. Much more can be told visually, and edits can be more polite than words alone.

Offline Pix3M

• View Profile

(As a frequent deviantART user...)

It depends on why you draw. Of course, people who frequent this site will find critique to be incredibly normal, and a very routine part of what we do.

For others, like casual "I just draw for fun" people more likely to frequent a site like deviantART rather than a forum like this, art is more of a personal thing. If you critique a personal thing, you're basically critiquing a person. For some people, critique is something you don't normally get, and something you never got adjusted to receiving on a regular basis.

The first critiques I got, I did not take well because I took it as a blow to my ego. It takes time to adjust to a lifestyle where critique is an typical part of the drawing process.

Offline Wes

• View Profile
There will always be quality critique from people with greatly varying personal tastes and often good skill.
If one does not wish to improve, there is always DeviantArt.

I've been on there for 4 years... so...
It shows.

But ya dude. What Ryumaru said.  share the image itself and not the video, so we have something we can work with to help you.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:54:39 am by Wes »

Offline AshCrimson

• View Profile
Deviantart is for a more specific type of pixelart; Dolling etc, is that correct? (Have limited experience with it myself)

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile
Nah dA has all sorts of pixel art. But by far dolling and sparkle dogs are more prominent than other forms.

Offline AshCrimson

• View Profile
Nah dA has all sorts of pixel art. But by far dolling and sparkle dogs are more prominent than other forms.

...Sparkle dogs?  ??? :-\