AuthorTopic: A Discworld tribute  (Read 2320 times)

Offline roketronz

• View Profile

A Discworld tribute

on: April 01, 2015, 06:58:14 pm
I'm a big Terry Pratchett fan, so, when I found out about his passing it really struck me, and drove me to do a Pixel Art tribute, to one of the most interesting fantasy universes ever: Discworld. From that moment on, I’ve drawing characters and posting them on twitter, so you might’ve seen some of them already.

Here they are:

Any suggestions, comments or criticism are welcome!

Offline cels

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/32715.htm
    • View Profile

Re: A Discworld tribute

Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:03:55 pm
This is really great! Haven't read the Discworld novels, so I can't comment on the actual resemblance.

There's a lot of great sprites, but one stuck out to me. What I presume to be death or the angel of death on a banjo or similar instrument. Seems to me like the upper part of the skull could be a bit darker from the hood. His skull looks really, really bright to me. :)

I'm really terrible at this, but I make a habit of trying to do an edit, if at all possible.

Offline roketronz

• View Profile

Re: A Discworld tribute

Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 11:33:48 pm
This is really great! Haven't read the Discworld novels, so I can't comment on the actual resemblance.

There's a lot of great sprites, but one stuck out to me. What I presume to be death or the angel of death on a banjo or similar instrument. Seems to me like the upper part of the skull could be a bit darker from the hood. His skull looks really, really bright to me. :)

I'm really terrible at this, but I make a habit of trying to do an edit, if at all possible.

Thanks for the feedback!

Totally missed that! You are right about the missing shadow.
In fact, I could / should put some shadows below the wizards and witches hats as well.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out!