AuthorTopic: Ermergerd erts anermertion!  (Read 7322 times)

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Ermergerd erts anermertion!

on: March 26, 2015, 12:49:47 am
Horribly done, but its a start. The actual walk cycle I used was my own attempt at blender animation, thus the walk cycle at its core is flawed.
So any tips references for a walk cycle like this would be much appreciated.

Let er rip folks.

Edit:
Should note this was done in GraphicsGale, not sure how onions skinning and transparency works. Once I find I figure that out thing should go a lot smoother
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:21:38 am by lachrymose »

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: Ermergerd erts anermertion!

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:35:43 am
this was done in GraphicsGale, not sure how onions skinning
http://ppdaniatlas.blogspot.com/p/frames.html

and transparency works.
It's a little weird in GG for sure.
I can explain tomorrow.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:55:16 am
As far as I know, there are 2 types of transparency in GG(frame and layer). Each of them can be accessed by clicking the box that has [...] on it for the respective feature (frame or layer).
Clicking on each will let you set the transparent color for each.

The layer transparency is pretty much what you would expect. The selected color will be transparent on the layer and will show any layers beneath instead. It will also be the color that is left behind empty spaces when you lasso something and move it. The frame transparency is the color that will be transparent when onion skin is concerned and when overall transparency of the picture when saving it is concerned. There is also transparency concerning translucent colors that you can access by adding in an alpha channel under the image tab. You can then adjust the transparency of your selected color by the very top bar of the color selection menu.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 04:26:23 pm
Thanks, managed to get transparency and onion skins to work. Helped a lot with positioning the figure.

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:

Text Edit: Think I've taken this pretty far from where I started. Still not happy with it.
Also think her legs are to far apart. I tried to do a sexy hip sway walk. But it turned out awkward.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:53:05 pm by lachrymose »

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 02:20:32 pm
The feet should hit the ground in almost the same X position. like walking on a plank of wood. Its the way to keep the body balance
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 05:14:41 pm
Yeah moving the feet closer together has been an issue I was aware of from the start. Held off on it because it was/is hard to find decent refs.
Edit showing closer feet placement during a step:
EDIT: FrankenPixel Edit:

EDIT: Just realized in the top animations there is a little bit of a Micheal Jackson ankle kick in there.

EDIT: Ignoring the bottom part. I got rid of frames 3 and 7 to see how it looks. I like it, plus the benefit of getting rid of two frames. lol

EDIT: EDIT:
Feel like I'm not getting anywhere.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:47:59 pm by lachrymose »

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 06:15:42 pm
Bumpity.

Fixed a few things I think, added another frame for a total of 9. Took a step back with the shading and stuff. I'll come back to that later.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:49:23 am
This is looking pretty good, the motion is nice. The Head doesn't fit on the body at all though, seems to be in the wrong perspective.

The animation is a bit jittery in places, you really need to pay attention to each individual part and make sure it transitions smoothly frame to frame between the keys. I like to draw some place holder dots first just to plan out the smooth motion and then draw the character over them.

Is this intended to have clothes added to it at some point? The breasts are pretty gravity defying at the moment.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 08:46:53 pm
I keep that in mind 32.

An yeah, she will be wearing clothes and will probably go through a breast and hip reduction sometime soon. Among other things. Her rip cage is a bit too narrow at the bottom so I need to fix that.

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 11:59:33 am
Some thoughts on the animation:

I think your perspective is off, the head seems like it is viewed from an elevated position but the body almost seems as if it is viewed directly from the front