AuthorTopic: [Unpaid] Programmer looking for Pixel Artist - Hotline Miami meets SWAT  (Read 2330 times)

Offline necrojustice

• View Profile
I am searching for a pixel artist that is interested in making something really fun and engaging. Aside from the actual assets I’m looking for someone that can have a cohesive vision for art direction and collaborate on the game ideas themselves. I’m looking to craft one single player and one multiplayer level to serve as a Kickstarter. Otherwise this would just be a really cool project to work on in our spare time.

The game revolves around a SWAT team leader going through various stages of his life. He deals with both the extreme demands of his job as well as the strain on his private life. One of his character quirks is that he never takes his helmet off for anything. (I’d like to show a scene with him showering while still wearing it.)

Gameplay and art design will be similar to Hotline Miami meets Door Kickers. The focus would be on quick interaction and player agility.

Features:
- Ability to use explosives to create new pathways
- Focus on character agility such as rolling, sliding, dashing
- Equipment such as armor (armor affects mobility options)

Single Player:
- 10 Story missions
- (Maybe) 3 player teams of AI or online Co-Op
- Ability to issue squad commands, such as breaching

Multiplayer:
- Gameplay similar to top-down Counterstrike

Agility Options:
- Slide
- Melee
- Sprinting
- Sprint and slide under obstacles
- Sprint and slide into cover
- Tackle suspect and zip cuff
- Drag cuffed suspect

(I am using Unity and have gotten to a decent start. I am starting to get blocked on assets.)

Working Items:
- Movable player
- Enemies that can track player and fire
- Player can shoot and destroy enemies
- Player can sprint
- Player can switch guns
- Guns have different ammo types