AuthorTopic: Waterfall flow problem  (Read 10953 times)

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Re: Waterfall flow problem

Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:23 pm

I preferred the blue trees much more, since it makes sense for environment stuff to get shifted towards cooler colors as it disappears into the background.. The green and red just look odd to me as they are now.

I thought Red and Green would blend to together with autumn setting.. I agree that Blue forest BG feels more distant and it is due to the fact that it has less contrast but as Cel said with higher contrast  tree would be show cluster better.. I would prefer it more but Im going keep them both because its just would add  more variety in our platformer game.

I prefer the latest version. I didn't notice the amazing cluster on the blue trees in the foreground initially, but when you contrast them with the purple trees, it really brings out their unique design. I absolutely adore the colours in the latest version. This has a lot of potential, I think.

Thank u Cel.. I agree that cluster looks better with higher contrast.

I think both versions are good, and give off different atmospheres. I think the could both be used for different areas.

Thank u R1k

Thats what im going to do.. Mario had some palette swamp level too.. It gives more variety  :)

Offline Fizzick

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 03:30:37 pm
New colors make the trees appear much nearer. I would shift the furthest plane of trees a little more towards the sky color to show distance. I also think both look great  :y:! Try a blueish green set with red foreground trees?

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 07:48:03 am
pink background is a great variation as mentioned it's good to have both versions for different areas.
The issue is that pink version defies logic.
I cant edit so I'll try to explain.
Front  trees fade to pink mid-ground suggesting sunset type ambience and atmosphere, but then the sky is just bright blue like normal.
seems like decisions need to be made either about the front trees or the sky so the atmospheric perspective makes sense.

also the rear-most tree should be have larger clusters with less colours to reduce the effect of "detail" on visual priority.
Colours of rear most trees also stand out a bit too much against blue sky.