AuthorTopic: TOG II - A beginner searches feedback  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Leogrim

• View Profile

TOG II - A beginner searches feedback

on: March 06, 2015, 08:18:18 am
I am pretty new to pixel art in general, so I have problems to judge my works in any way. Is something wrong or is something right.
So I would be more than happy for any kind of feedback. And since before one can get feedback he needs he needs some piece he wants feedback on:
The TOG II...a british WW2 tank based on references from wargaming/world of tank. One time static, and one time with moving tracks
Main questions are: Am I on a good way? And can I improve something? Where did I mess up?

Since it is my first time...I hope I broke no rule and if than I am terribly sorry, because I never wanted to. Anyway I am thankful of any input, feedback, or valid criticsm.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: TOG II - A beginner searches feedback

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 11:22:08 am
Looks pretty good to me, the forms are spot on, looks like the tank in the photos. I would suggest upping the contrast on the colours a bunch and adding some texture and grime, tanks get dirty, focus on the seams and bolts, anywhere dirt would cling and be hard to wash off. What are you aiming for with this?

Offline Leogrim

• View Profile

Re: TOG II - A beginner searches feedback

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:20:05 pm
THx for the idea with the teture/contrast...

What I am aiming for with it. Getting used to Asesprite. Not more..to learn the functions, hotkeys and get a basic understanding of the workflow. I think I should upgrade the animation to...it is still a bit static.