AuthorTopic: [nude] Figure  (Read 9491 times)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [nude] Figure

Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 01:32:11 am

Very slight update, bit of stuff pushed around. I took some bits and pieces from your edit Alco but the eyes is a bit to anime-ish for my tastes. I'm very happy with the face at the moment so I probably won't change it substantially. Messed around with the roundness of the back, very minor difference but I think it helped. Tried doing something with the block but I don't know if I like it more than just the plain one, thoughts anyone?

I think I'm just gonna do some minor tweaking and figure out what I'm doing with the block then call it done, looking at it is really starting to kill my eyes.

Edit:

Think I'm going to go with this for the block, more work to do but I'm taking a break for now so I thought I'd just update.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:27:21 am by 32 »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 02:59:31 am
Some more noodling from me. Some is more personal suggestions. I thought the background kind of felt a little broken up without continuing the motif. Also, I think since you're being so crazy with the colors anyway, don't be afraid of using them to shade more softly. I might have over done it a little bit on the arm, but it's still a round form. Sometimes AA is more than AA, it's changing how fast the form turns. Also some little anatomy bits. Butts actually flatten out quite a bit when sitting, It could be even more drastic but I think this is a nice balance. Also taking opportunities to simplify when possible, such as the far shoulder and breast. Don't know how finished it is, but sometimes you're using single pixel AA when you don't need it, and not using double pixel AA when you could and might should. Liked the old block, and also like the idea of the new transparent block. Shaping up to be a really cool piece  :y:

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 03:38:05 am
Yeah most of the stuff is still sitting wherever it landed originally, be doing a lot of what you just did yet, good suggestions all round thanks :). I had the butt much flatter in my very first sketch, lost it at some point but I'll definitely bring it back.  Cutting the canvas is also surprisingly useful, I think I'll do that too. The breast is really annoying for me, yours is definitely more correct anatomically but I really like the negative space in mine, I'll probably do a bit of messing about to see if I can have both.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 04:06:45 am
Ah, didn't even read it as negative space, looked more like highlighting. I think for it to read as negative space you'd have to bring the far leg out a pixel or two, which I think could look fine as it's a bit cramped right now anyway.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 09:39:50 am
Alright reaching the point of very diminishing returns. I'm calling it done. Turns out I'd only used 15 colours but there wasn't a quick way to use an extra colour I liked so 15 it is. Might do another one of these at some point, it was fun. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Cross posted at Pixeljoint