AuthorTopic: Like to draw spaceships? 2D pixel artist needed for game mod project!  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Vayra

• View Profile
Hi, hello!

I'm working on a mod for the game Starsector, which is really cool and sort of like a cross between the old Mechwarrior games, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and Mount and Blade... in space. I can handle scripting, and design is my passion, but I'm pretty much useless at pixel art -- which is where you come in.

I'm looking for a long-term partner for the project, someone willing to make a full fleet of pixel art spaceships along with weapons, icons, etc. for them.  If you're interested in game design and/or scripting at all, I'd be more than willing to collaborate with regards to those aspects as well, but if not I'm also perfectly happy handling them all myself.

I did actually already make a mod for a previous version of the game, so you can be assured that I know at least some of what I'm doing -- it's here if you want to check it out -- but as you can see the sprites I made there are sort of sub-par, and not necessarily representative of what I'd like now. In fact, I'm willing to work with you to come up with a coherent visual theme/aesthetic for the new project.

Below, I've linked some images so that you can see the general style of art I'm looking for, and for inspiration. :)

From the unmodded game: (click for big)

[url=http://fractalsoftworks.com/category/art/]The artist for the game also wrote a few blog posts about his personal methods and workflow, check them out here!

In addition, here are some other mods like the one I would hope to make, so you can see what other people are doing:
Blackrock Driveyards
Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority
Interstellar Imperium
Diable Avionics
Exigency Incorporated

If you're interested, please drop me an email at kianserna@gmail.com, or respond to this thread and I'll try to check back. I can't offer pay, but if you can show me some prior work that looks good and you feel like you can commit to making at least a few pixel art spaceships then I'd be willing to buy you the game so that you can see our handiwork in action! :D