AuthorTopic: Hood sprite  (Read 7049 times)

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Re: Hood sprite

Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 12:24:58 am
my suggestion then is to reduce the contrast between mid tone and highlight. that will help reduce the glossy effect
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Angelonias

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 09:58:00 am
my suggestion then is to reduce the contrast between mid tone and highlight. that will help reduce the glossy effect

There, reduced contrast between mid tone and highlight. I made darker the highlight. If you noticed anything else go ahead!  :)
And thank you! :)

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:39:06 am
OK I made an edit, using your colors (I think I may have changed the jeans a bit, but it would be the same) and you can see how I made bigger shapes, and less texture on the vest and legs.
I think your sprite is fairly small to add detail such as wrinkles, so you'd be better off just doing the main volumes

Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Angelonias

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 10:59:59 am
OK I made an edit, using your colors (I think I may have changed the jeans a bit, but it would be the same) and you can see how I made bigger shapes, and less texture on the vest and legs.
I think your sprite is fairly small to add detail such as wrinkles, so you'd be better off just doing the main volumes

Daaaaaaaaaamn, wow great work! You definetly made everything better :D Thanks for your edit! :) :y:

Offline Iceaxe

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 03:31:45 pm
I think you need to look a little bit at this guy's pose especially with where his arms are. Either the arm on the left is too far from his body or the arm on the right is too close. Or maybe a bit of both. Try and balance out the arm placement, even if it means both hands are the same number of pixels away from the body. Don't use that as a rule but as a starting point. Also note with Kazuya's edit the direction of the legs and the way you kind of need to visualize things when it comes to drawing the arms.

You've done a really good job with the colors and shapes of the arms already so try to keep the same effect when re-positioning. :)