AuthorTopic: [CLOSED]  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Telek

• View Profile
I believe that the concept you're thinking of is "ambient lighting".  I'll defer to better artists on whether that's possible in this setting and how it might best be applied.

Also, not to minimize how pricey art can be, there are good tablets on the cheaper end of the spectrum that will still get the job done if you prefer more general digital art over pixelling.  Wacom came out with a new line of Intuos pen tablets, you can get the Intuos Pen Small for $79.99.  On Amazon you can also find their old line Wacom Bamboo Capture, pretty much just as good for $65.99.  Not as cheap as a pack of pencils and a notepad, but it might be worth saving up for if you're interested in that sort of thing.  I've had my Bamboo for a few years now, and it works great for sketching and painting alike. 

I look forward to seeing you on here!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:53:11 am by Telek »

Offline Willabee

• Hello, Sweetie!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:10:28 pm by Willabee »
I'd love to be a part of this and all, but I can't take it. I wish I wasn't so touchy, but the fact is -- I am! So to save you all the trouble, I'm heading out. Thanks for the help so far! It really means a lot :) You're all beautiful, wonderful people with beautiful, wonderful art. Keep it up!

Offline Willabee

• Hello, Sweetie!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:10:37 pm by Willabee »
I'd love to be a part of this and all, but I can't take it. I wish I wasn't so touchy, but the fact is -- I am! So to save you all the trouble, I'm heading out. Thanks for the help so far! It really means a lot :) You're all beautiful, wonderful people with beautiful, wonderful art. Keep it up!

Offline Willabee

• Hello, Sweetie!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:10:45 pm by Willabee »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile
tldr but its hard to tell what this is.
I'm not seeing golems.
is this for a particular purpose or just a design u felt like doing?
how about drawing something recognizable?

Offline Willabee

• Hello, Sweetie!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:10:55 pm by Willabee »

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile
Pixel Dailies might be your friend here. Do a quick doodle daily based on the theme, even if you aren't inspired by it, just for the pixel practice.
Once a a theme pops up that inspires you. Take it on seriously and make sure to share it with us!

Offline Willabee

• Hello, Sweetie!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:11:04 pm by Willabee »