AuthorTopic: This is one of those times where I am confused as to what to do and fix next.  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile
Draft One
Draft Two
Draft Three:

My aa isn't doing very well, I keep messing with the figure and it looks interesting for a while then I realize that little parts are really looking too wrong and I have no idea how to make nebulae.

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM
This piece looks sexy. MMmmm...

I don't understand the logic behind the face-outlining and lack of neck-outlining. It may look a bit weird there because it gives me the feeling that the neck is thinner than normal.
As for nebulae, draw it like clouds, only with random ambient lights and very chaotic ... things happening in it. In other words, I would take the colors you got and splurge semi-random pixels onto the piece. Just my opinion on how a nebulae is pixeled.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel
To draw nebulae, just think of what they are: clouds of dust lit from within by newly forming stars. 

Here's how I go about it:

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile
Alright, that'll definitely help. I was just thinking of them as an Aurora Borealis meets cirrus clouds.

The lack of a neck outline is because I'm not entirely sure how to go about making the outline. I'll have an update up before the night is through. Probably without a neck outline still.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:00:39 am by Blick »

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile
I can't help you on what to do next, but the eyes of the character are not on the same level.
For the nebula, stars etc, are you looking at reference? that should help alot.
It would help to introduce darker shades.. right now, your stars, nebulas' lowest shade is quite bright already.. need to make it glow more, which means more darker shades around the shapes.

Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile

I started up with coloring the face, I kind of like where it's going. This whole muted look with minimal light, that is. Although the jawline is pissing me off and no matter what tricks I pull out, I can't get it to smooth out.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile
Alex Marsh made an edit which basically kicked mine's ass. So here's a inferior attempt to beef mine up.

Alex's edit here.

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House
I don't know if it's claimed as a style thing, but eyes looks really off place.=)
I would move a bit...

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile

I think the eyes look better now...
But I think I made the throat worse.

EDIT: Finished.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:20:54 pm by Blick »