AuthorTopic: [WIP] Misc Animations  (Read 37218 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Fighting Game Animations

Reply #40 on: August 24, 2015, 07:00:43 pm
Some squash and stretch maybe?

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 11:30:09 pm
Probably a bit less that what you have there, but that and a longer aftereffect looks considerably better.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #42 on: August 28, 2015, 10:41:07 pm
I heard you were looking for this?

found at figthersgeneration
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/sol-a5.html
so the timing is probably NOTHING like ingame, still if you wanna check the frames, there they are.

I think the basic motion is good. You could further exagerate it a bit if you wanted though. Notice how when sol ends his arc both hands are at their most extended and then they slowly wind down? that's an overshot, the kind of exageration you could do and you actually toned down a bit here.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:30:31 pm by Conceit »

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: August 28, 2015, 11:52:54 pm
I heard you were looking for this?

found at figthersgeneration
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/sol-a5.html
so the timing is probably NOTHING like ingame, still if you wanna check the frames, there they are.

I think the basic motion is good. You could further exagerate it a bit if you wanted though. Notice how when sol ends his arc both hands are at their most extended and then they slowly wind down? that's an overshot, the kind of exageration you could do and you actually toned down a bit here.

I didn't realize that had pages!  I had to download a pack with every individual frame, connect that attack together and use it as reference...  That ought to be a really helpful source, though, thanks.

I'll keep that in mind in case I ever come back to this specific animation in the future.  Otherwise I'm probably going to work on different ones and maybe get back to the one on the OP.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: September 03, 2015, 05:33:49 am

Punch, uppercut, ice pillar.

So yeah, I totally remade the second hit.  I noticed that I could angle the second punch a bit on one frame, and then I figured out what you see here. 
Bit 'fantasy,' but a standard combo nonetheless.

The proportions probably super break on the ground punch, but not terribly noticeable IMO.  Might go back on that if it's too much.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 09:15:46 pm
Cool stuff as usual!  :)

Work on the timing some.
You have everything happen at sort of the same speed.
Try to make separate moments that chain together.

Also the impact of him hitting the ground looks weak.
This is a result of you linearly moving him from start to finish: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5
Try moving him past where you want to stop: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 7 -> 5
This will add more visual force.

Experiment more with follow thru elements.
Use the hair and clothing to your advantage to imply motion.

Many other things could be improved, but no time to edit or comment.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:18:07 pm by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #46 on: September 04, 2015, 02:16:31 am
nice!

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: September 07, 2015, 01:06:11 am

Added a few hang frames and integrated a few of the effect improvements.  I didn't make him hold it quite as long, though, but the slow down is definitely an improvement.  Also tinkered with his legs when he's in the uppercut, cuz before there was a pretty extreme dip where his lighter leg jumped.

Offline AimlessZealot

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: September 07, 2015, 03:53:15 am
I think you might consider making his back hand (right hand) during the ice pillar an open palm pushing towards the ice pillar. Currently while it all is beginning to gel, the ice pillar is happening behind him, in a direction he's making no clear initiating gesture, while he is facing away. It seems less like something he is doing as something that someone is doing near him. Either his body language or the particles need to better indicate a relationship between his actions and that pillar forming, otherwise it's really offputting.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: September 09, 2015, 03:20:37 am
I think you might consider making his back hand (right hand) during the ice pillar an open palm pushing towards the ice pillar. Currently while it all is beginning to gel, the ice pillar is happening behind him, in a direction he's making no clear initiating gesture, while he is facing away. It seems less like something he is doing as something that someone is doing near him. Either his body language or the particles need to better indicate a relationship between his actions and that pillar forming, otherwise it's really offputting.

So something a bit like this?