AuthorTopic: [WIP] Misc Animations  (Read 37033 times)

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Re: Fighting Game Animations

Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 09:26:30 am
Wzl is right, I looked at some refs and oh my how embarrassing  :-[

b.b..but  I had to redeem myself, made the stance more like muay thai (seems to be sagats fighting style):

Punch Only:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:58:53 pm by wolfenoctis »

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 02:30:59 pm
Admins give some cookies and points to wolf for his constantly amazing edits. :)  :y:

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 04:52:27 pm
I thought of it more as actual street fighting/boxing than Muay Thai, Sagat just happened to have the pose I was thinking of.
These edits ought to really help future versions, though.  The motions are still the same more or less.  It's really great to have resources like this.

Edit:  I kept my probably lower quality base, mainly cause I want it to be my work rather than just borrowing someone else's. 

Matched the arms with wolf's edit, knocked few unnecessary frames and shaded.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:44:17 am by Rosier »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 08:24:42 pm
you really are missing out if you dont try to match the footwork in wolf's and all of the chest and face rotation. His has great observation on weightshifting, learn all you can from it. Dont let fear of yours ending up like his keep you back. Your lastest still looks like a still image barely being modified while his feels alive because it rotates his torso and face features exactly when it's needed. Put the work in, I know you can  ;D.

After this just look at footage of real fighters and try to see where their weight is as they fight. Good fighters dont start the attack from the limb they're using to attack, the punch doesnt start from the shoulder it starts from the foot, and the whole body is always involved. if you have that in mind and you observe it in fighters clips and replicate it you can get to where wolf got without his help.

Glad to see you doing learning other than exagerated anticipations and overshots, this is the kind of stuff that'll really make you a good animator, not just an anime imitator   :y:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:30:48 pm by Conceit »

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 09:35:58 pm
I did make him rotate his chest a bit more, although clearly not enough.  I'll try and make it more similar with the less leg motion and all and get back to it.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 07:19:51 am
was just passing by and I was reminded of this footage of a taekwondo kicker...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSIV21GMzA#t=52
mostly kicks but he does have some punching in there.

BTW, have you eve heard of WakuWaku 7 or Galaxy Fight? Sunsoft fightgames that were precursors of this flat pixel style you're using. Some cool animations in both...hope they're of some inspiration? :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DefAwU3GcEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjPOO_bQLRc

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 02:48:14 am
I'll probably work more on the combo sporadically between other things just to get more done, but I'll see if any of those games could help out with stuff, thanks.

In the meantime, a conversation between my friend and I led to the idea of suplexing a laser, which I naturally had to make, albeit at a lower res than these.

Offline Pinux

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 04:10:08 pm
I'll probably work more on the combo sporadically between other things just to get more done, but I'll see if any of those games could help out with stuff, thanks.

In the meantime, a conversation between my friend and I led to the idea of suplexing a laser, which I naturally had to make, albeit at a lower res than these.

Sweet Style I think this looks vary great like Huzzah!

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 07:29:44 pm

You deserve my respect.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 07:31:41 am
Bumping cause I finally decided to finish some new stuff...

Idle: Based somewhat on Sol Badguy's Idle from Guilty Gear -- http://chaoti.csignal.org/sprites/large/ggx/sol_badguy_standing.gif
Idle W/ Animation:   Breathing ice into his hands.

Went ahead and redid the combo into a more viable, less flail-y motion.  What I mean when I say W/O Delay is that I took out a 'Lead Up' Frame right before the actual 'Full Hit' Frame.  I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted it to look more snappy or not, and thought you guys might have more insight.

One Hit:
One Hit W/O Delay:

The white on his foot is him sliding back to his Idle Pose on a bit of ice.

Two Hit:
Two Hit W/O Delay:

Three Hit:
Three Hit W.O Delay: