AuthorTopic: Building Tiles  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Luke

• View Profile

Building Tiles

on: February 25, 2015, 10:04:52 pm
Hey guys,
I've pretty well finished with another set of building tiles.
Would very much appreciate some C&C.

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Re: Building Tiles

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:05:07 pm
 I have to say that I really like how you're hinting more at the brick texture instead of basically explicitly showing every brick like you did in your previous sets. I know that it has to do with the kind of building material you're dealing with here but it just looks better and less busy.

Kind of nitpicking here. The twined rope thing (whatever that's called) near the bottom looks nice, but I feel like its out of place. Maybe its the fact that its so bright despite supposedly being recessed into the wall? It also kind of bothers me that the twine coming the left side is right on the edge of the building while the twine coming down the right has a few pixels buffering it from the edge.
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline Luke

• View Profile

Re: Building Tiles

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 03:42:28 pm
Hey thanks man.

The rope thing didn't come out as great as I was hoping, perhaps I'll put some more time into it.  Although it's not exactly supposed to be recessed, and I think it's only asymmetrical because my light is coming from the upper left therefore casting a shadow that maybe makes the far right piece of the rope look closer to the edge?  I'm not sure if I've properly understood you.  Anyways, I'll post my reference picture to give you a better idea of what I was trying to do.  Might clear some things up.

Edit: Whoa, sorry this ended up being so large.