AuthorTopic: What Can I Use To Make Pixel Art?  (Read 9439 times)

Offline buonarroti

• View Profile

Re: What Can I Use To Make Pixel Art?

Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 07:37:14 am
I too am new to pixel art...appreciate all the information above...I have used Photoshop for years for graphics and photography. I will definitely check out these others as well.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 10:28:05 pm
^^ you can also use photoshop if you like. most people will say that photoshop is a bit too scary and overfeatured for pixelart, but if you are already confortable with it, then there's no reason why you can't use it. you just have to set the tools right.
some others may be better for some things, like managing a palette or tile work, but, as long as you can place a pixel of the color your want, where you want it, you are good to go.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 01:12:28 pm
You know, no one said it, but is not like Paint is a bad program, y do use it and i find it myself pretty usefull (Actually i tried to use graphicsgale sometimes, but it feels wierd to not have two colors at the same time...)

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 01:20:53 pm
Unless it's changed significantly since XP then it most certainly is. No indexed editing, no non-modal colour picking, no wheel zoom. I don't understand how anyone could willingly work under such conditions.