AuthorTopic: [WIP]Bedroom[C+C]  (Read 4409 times)

Offline Shiinta

• View Profile

[WIP]Bedroom[C+C]

on: February 24, 2015, 08:02:34 pm
Hello guys, my nickname is Shiinta as you can see and I am new here on this forum, I am also new at pixel art so I might be missing the basics, anyways, since I'm starting with this beautiful kind of art that I always appreciated I guessed why not make something I adore doing? (that is drawing buildings, furniture etc)

Anyways, this is my bedroom (in real life) but as its a WIP it is missing some stuff (like a bed heh).
I want to know what you guys think of it, how can I improve it, any critique will be accepted.

Also, sorry for the bad english, I'm a self-taught english speaker.

Shiinta.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Re: [WIP]Bedroom[C+C]

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:24 pm
I sugest you look at isometric pixel art as well. people seem to like to use that for interiors

stuff like this for example (not mine)

Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Shiinta

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 01:39:47 am
I sugest you look at isometric pixel art as well. people seem to like to use that for interiors

stuff like this for example (not mine)

Thanks for replying, even though I think isometric is beautiful, I prefer not to use (at least for now)

Offline Wes

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 02:44:46 am
I find your piece really confusing: particularly the door on the right and all the stuff going on over there. What are you trying to do there? Is it a closet door casting a shadow? The perspective makes very little sense.

Offline Shiinta

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 04:09:53 am
I find your piece really confusing: particularly the door on the right and all the stuff going on over there. What are you trying to do there? Is it a closet door casting a shadow? The perspective makes very little sense.

The right wall is covered by a closet, it starts on the north wall and extends to the right one

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 06:50:03 am
The perspective shows the top of the walls, so you should see the top of the monitor, wall socket, etc. too!
You need more shadows.
The black outlines ruins the 3D feel.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 07:36:46 am
Hello guys, my nickname is Shiinta as you can see and I am new here on this forum, I am also new at pixel art so I might be missing the basics, anyways, since I'm starting with this beautiful kind of art that I always appreciated I guessed why not make something I adore doing? (that is drawing buildings, furniture etc)

Anyways, this is my bedroom (in real life) but as its a WIP it is missing some stuff (like a bed heh).
I want to know what you guys think of it, how can I improve it, any critique will be accepted.

Also, sorry for the bad english, I'm a self-taught english speaker.

Shiinta.
Razer Goliathus mousepad doesn't fit on ur desk?  :lol:

I wonder where the bed is supposed to fit here.
Is that a big wardrobe on the right? Why choose a perspective we can't see what it is?

Perhaps a panoramic photo/s of the room would help get some accuracy.

Offline Shiinta

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 12:55:39 pm
The perspective shows the top of the walls, so you should see the top of the monitor, wall socket, etc. too!
You need more shadows.
The black outlines ruins the 3D feel.

Oh, I got it now. Great edit of my art too, now I have a better idea of how to improve my perspective, thanks!  ;D

Razer Goliathus mousepad doesn't fit on ur desk?  :lol:

I wonder where the bed is supposed to fit here.
Is that a big wardrobe on the right? Why choose a perspective we can't see what it is?

Perhaps a panoramic photo/s of the room would help get some accuracy.

It does'nt  :-[ I bought the bigger size heh, and I didn't choose a bad perspective, I'm new to this so I kinda just went drawing it (and it made sense since I know my bedroom, sorry)