AuthorTopic: [closed]  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Willabee

• Hello, Sweetie!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt

[closed]

on: March 02, 2015, 07:01:53 am
-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:15:01 pm by Willabee »
I'd love to be a part of this and all, but I can't take it. I wish I wasn't so touchy, but the fact is -- I am! So to save you all the trouble, I'm heading out. Thanks for the help so far! It really means a lot :) You're all beautiful, wonderful people with beautiful, wonderful art. Keep it up!

Offline oxysoft

• View Profile
Welcome!

Because of the high volume of pixies I make, I decided it might work best if I use one thread to post all of my work!

Important notes:
- Most of my works begin with no aim and form into something as I go along, so I almost never know what I'm doing until a few lines in. This can sometimes be very apparent in finished products...
- I don't have any particular style. Sometimes I do cartoony, sometimes I aim for a slightly more realistic look, and sometimes there's no discernible style.
- I enjoy art and making things, but I don't currently consider myself a serious artist. Maybe someday, but not right now. If that offends you, then this thread is probably not for you.
- Though I may not be the most serious of artists, I DO want to learn better ways to make art, and I want to improve my skills, so all feedback is welcome as long as you're nice.
- I do sometimes take critiques a bit too personally. I don't like being criticized, but I understand that it is an important part of learning. I apologize in advance if I snap at you. I'm trying to tame that aspect of myself.

Aside from that... Onward with the art!

(I might add some info about myself outside of art-stuff somewhere in this top post... Not sure.)

I don't think it's a good idea to post all of your work. I see it done from time to time, people making a gallery thread with all of their work and it's just not a very good idea. I think you should focus on certain pieces and make a thread for it when you need specific help or cnc on something. Just my opinion anyway.

Offline Willabee

• Hello, Sweetie!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:04:49 pm by Willabee »
I'd love to be a part of this and all, but I can't take it. I wish I wasn't so touchy, but the fact is -- I am! So to save you all the trouble, I'm heading out. Thanks for the help so far! It really means a lot :) You're all beautiful, wonderful people with beautiful, wonderful art. Keep it up!

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website
I think in such small sizes, dithering can be hard to make look good. maybe you could instead try and use the transition to create some texture rather than dithering
The chalice could be wider, more room for detail. right now its looks like a flute glass for champagne
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile
Well I was going to post feedback, but everything disappeared.
Whats with the edits Willabee?