AuthorTopic: thoughts on a "finished piece" (C+C)  (Read 13315 times)

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Re: thoughts on a "finished piece" (C+C)

Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:22 pm
I might be a boobs man  ;D

Anyway, rather you paid some attention to shoulders, arms and  hips area. lol.
Just some quick thoughts.
Also brought her next down a few pixels, was looking a bit long to me.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 03:33:23 pm
just for the record, she's supposed to be a fighter, not a professional twerker.   :huh:  Thanks for the edit though   :ouch:  :crazy:

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 10:12:54 pm
Is this Nina from tekken?
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 10:19:47 pm
Is this Nina from tekken?

Close  ;D I think, i dunno tekken.  (just checked, whoa, too similar) it's sarah bryant from virtua fighter.  i thought i mentioned it.  did i mention the dude is from virtua fighter too?  i  tried to fully recreate this pose: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/296246

next time i should try to make my own pose, but this exercise actually reeeally is helpful for not only developing my eye, but also a way i can understand more how to translate small details and clusters and so on to pixels
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:23:56 pm by Friend »

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 10:21:08 pm
I think Nina was inspired on sarah bryant. But since I hardly ever played virtua fighter I didn't think of her.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 11:00:36 pm
I think Nina was inspired on sarah bryant. But since I hardly ever played virtua fighter I didn't think of her.

heheheheheh that's cute STAY ON TOPIC  >:(  http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5242584

:) kidding.  im gonna make a new character tomorrow.  i will only post the wire frame.  ill control myself not to start pixeling.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:02:37 pm by Friend »

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 12:31:45 am
is this the right idea?  I held off on going full on with the frame until I know I am doing it correctly.  I guess at this size it is not necessary to start with a skeleton, but instead build the pose with wires and then place muscle on top and then clothes?  It's the first time I'm doing a wire frame.  The concept is a little hard for me to grasp, but I will keep practicing.

I suppose since I'm a noob, I should really much so build the anatomy from the ground up as in depth as I know how to.  Is it correct that once I get more proficient I shouldn't need to be so in depth with the frame and can skip a few steps?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:36:23 am by Friend »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 12:37:14 am
Don't think of it as a wireframe, think of it more as a simplified skeleton. And to answer your question, some people can afford to skip steps, but that's an easy way to screw up and have to do it all over again. Happens to me all the time.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 01:34:35 am
I'm having fun  ;D I feel I am not entirely thinking about it correctly (I am not sure I understand the difference between thinking of it as a simple skeleton rather than a wireframe.) 

That said, even if I am not nailing it now, I can already see how a more careful foundation figuratively brings it to life  :lol: even with my currently poor understanding of anatomy.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:20:52 am by Friend »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 02:09:32 am
Well it might just feel a bit more natural, especially once you know more about anatomy because there are certain areas where bones are closer to the surface and others where they are beneath lots of muscle. One thing to be mindful of is that, even though the cranium is a sphere, the facial bones stick out and down from it. I say this especially because your first image had a very small head that mostly only took into account the sphere.