AuthorTopic: Some pixel art - need some feedback  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: Some pixel art - need some feedback

Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 12:55:46 pm
didnt mean to say outline I think just clusters which is the way groups of pixels are grouped together.
this alone is a big topic worth investigating.

Offline Segesi

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 09:57:45 am
Thoughts on these?

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 01:26:11 am
walk could use improvement especially feet and hands movement.
try removing that middle frame and retweening with 2 frames.
This time dont space the distances so evenly, instead have a slow-in and slow-out with a big jump in movement in between.
This should make a more natural motion.
also the feet shouldnt look the same at any point like do in ur middle frame where it looks like u just used the idle stand frame. remember one foor stays on the ground as it goes back and the other gets lifted as it comes forward, try to shade the legs accordingly to show the knee bend and maybe go a darker shade on the leg thats going back to really nail it home.

in general I think the arms and hands stick out a bit funny.

I dont know whats goin on with that animation at the bottom, is it supposed to be idle/breathing or something else?

Offline Segesi

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 10:50:26 am
Thanks for the feedback.

I made these bases a little while after my last post. I decided to work on some solid bases and then maybe make various characters. Not for a game or anything, just recreational.

Having some trouble with the nose. The 1st one has different arms and the other 3 have different shading on the body. I want to get the main base looking nice before I go ahead and make different frames, such as walking. Thoughts? Do the arms still look odd in the first sprite. I might go back and rework them.