AuthorTopic: The moon  (Read 2468 times)

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

The moon

on: February 19, 2015, 08:44:13 pm

I just made a blue moon for my game, i really need to say im starting to dislike this finished product D:

Offline Iceaxe

• View Profile

Re: The moon

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 05:13:12 am
I would suggest adding more contrast with some darker tones and maybe wash the colors out a little bit unless you want it to be glowing blue which is perfectly reasonble. Adding contrast will give it some form and make it feel less flat. Washing out the colors will make it look more moony i guess cause the surface of the moon is more or less grey. But depends what you're going for. The moon can be yellow, orange or red sometimes so I don't see why it can't be blue. Would fit well in a snowy scene.

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:48:08 am
it feels a bit blurry, and zooming in I can see theres a lot of banding going on.  It might help to show what the sky its going to be on looks like too so we can see it in context, even if its just a flat color.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:34 am
it looks really nice at 1:1 scale.
the blurriness is nice and soft appropriate for something in the background.

but as said there is lots of work to do at the pixel level if u want this to be viewed upscaled.

Offline CelioHogane

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 04:13:02 pm
Im going to show it how it should look ingame since you guys want to see it.

I just wanted to make a big bright version of the moon, to add epicness to the final fight.

PD: before anyone ask, is a fangame im doing with my team to test the engine we are making.