AuthorTopic: Needed 2D artist with an emphasis in space themes.  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Warm Space

• View Profile

Needed 2D artist with an emphasis in space themes.

on: February 17, 2015, 09:22:19 am
So, Hello.
We are indie development team. 3 men: coder, artist, me (sound engineer, writer).
Site of our project: EternalDream (closed for techincal works)

I and my colleagues started a renovation old game project called Space Station 13.

Brief Historical Summary:

The making of this game goes back to 2003 and then it was a "simulator gases".
Air testing, various mixtures (hydrogen, carbon, plasma) and stuff like that. The game was created on the engine, BYOND, who was popular among indie developers in the 2000s.
The developer was Exadv1, which made her some role-playing game similar to mafia, developing the game itself until 2005. Later he put the game to float freely, giving the project a so-called "Goon"-group, then the game went to the third, fourth hands. If you want to know more – google it. We are not the only ones who develop the game.

As a result:

The game has gone through several transformations, different people make it their contribution, ideas, physics and sprites (12 years of development - no joke, no kidding).
And here it is necessary to make a reservation - I and the development team on the side of the Russian-speaking part of the fans of this game. And in our part of the community game stood on its edge. Community brewed in the same maps with the same modes, events, and administrators revel in their thrones of power and did not develop at all.
This is a period of stagnation and gerontocracy.

But I and other colleagues have decided that it is necessary to make a fresh blood into the dull atmosphere and has since started to develop. We have no problems with the code, with ideas, with physics, with site and server implementation.

We very much need artists. We have a lot of things (ore, mechanical robots, space suits, little stuff like bracelets and watches; doors; exoskeletons; monsters; and more) that You can to dress in beautiful shape.
Game sprites are mostly developed in the 32x32 size.

For further information, please contact me on Skype: warm_space or email: eternaldreammaxvess@gmail.com and maxvess@rambler.ru

We do not divide people on linguistic affiliation and welcome everyone.
Note that in our team already has one artist.
We also teach you the nuances of game, the format in which the engine operates BYOND and help with the problems that arise.

And we can pay if you want to.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:17:39 pm by Warm Space »