AuthorTopic: why should we listen to tocky  (Read 11234 times)

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Re: why we should listen to tocky

Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 01:26:25 am
i hear you guys. youre good to me. but i have to tell you why im mad for you to know why to back me up.

zak smith taught me all this shit.  but even hes not exactly here for me because he doesnt even understand what i am saying. i am telling you i have had to learn to talk like a d&d writer and a pixel artist. i am not one natively. i am more concerned with the MONAD

andi mcc will advocate for the monad but noone else will. i hope the release of the emily language will help to fix this

i love all heretics even myself

shit, even my own dad

if you have grokked it you can take teh rest of the day off. write a thing about meat ships and skeleton mermaids

viscera fairies

i want this on my desk by tomorrow

and buddha, buddha will also advocate for the MONAD. have you read buddha? he’s good i like buddha

but i prefer sappho tbh, you might not have heard of her„ shes kinda indie

"  (since you seem to be overstating a long of things, like the stuff about the "OLD GODS". I know that at least Helm does not share that sentiment. It's more about looking at what others did that worked and take out the things from it that work for you.) "

that helm does not share my view but that i can misrepresent him in such a way that he does seem to, suggests that i am right, at least as right as helm is.

rightness is transitive

" Then suppose everyone tells you you aren't making sense. From a logical standpoint that would imply either that everyone is stupid, or you aren't communicating effectively. "

i believe that i am smarter than most. but i also believe that you are smrt, some day even as smart as me. i will teach you

fuck, im doubleposting again. sorry. it comes natural to me. i been doing it on tumblr - evenryone subscribes to so many filters on tumblr that you can do that there, because everybody blogs fast - every day there is more new information than any of us could hope to read. we need to moderate ourselfs in our input as well as our output... but this means cutting off the voices we will nnot hear. it is a paradox. we could find a software solution for this. you could make it so that if i try to double it collapses it automatically back into the other post, then piledriver wouldnt need to do it (thanks though). the thing is each of these replies is a separate moment in time, at that time i said this thing. we should always write at the stream of conciousness and to do o we must remove all barriers to this - this means the sins of the past, thread necormancy etc, are not surely the sins of the future, we could make the bump optional somehow i could have a custom bump policy thats different from yours. but this is the speed at which a writer and not an artist writes - i have had to become a writer to express what i am saying

im definitely not seeing a post break button in the quick post editor. can i get one of those? can i get a button that combines two of my own posts? how about that. im sorry to ask for software solutions but we should not need to bother piledriver with my bullshit

" every day there is more new information than any of us could hope to read "

today and every day before this one. whats in the archive? how can we know it better? we need a new policy for necromancy. there are more good things that have ever been said than there are images remaining to explain them: the images arent hosted anymore but the text is all still there. we should resurrect every ghost. many of them are still alive somewhere. we can tell them we are sorry we have mistreated them. others will live inside us. i claim all posts the way the mormons claim the souls of all of us who have ever lived, the mormons understand all this

"bugs are orgasms too" -- porpentine

----------------------

MAYBE THE OTHER GUY IS WRONG, a book i have read.

and i have read this book and it is good. but its counter-books:

OTHERS MAY BE RIGHT. by abe tighighwayman
I MAY BE RIGHT. by maybell rightallthetime
I MAY BE WRONG by nobody, nobody wrote this book, ever

but i have read them. i have considered them. i have rejected them. these days i write my own books, close to metal

--------------------

what im doing is smoking weed and making false connections. you dont really need the weed for this but it does help. just like:

when you think a thing, immediately think of another second thing thats wrong. then think the third thing that makes the other two things the same. then the forth thing that says that guys wrong. then the fifth thing that says everythings right. then the sixth thing that says everythings wrong. then the seventh thing that hates the number six guy

this is how to be tiamat

youre gonna need to write it all down. i should mention that weed is kinda different for everybody, ask ur doctor if u should smoke weed, im no docor

------------------

"but tocky, i cant be multiple and endless and opalescent like you"

yes you can. believe that you can.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:13:53 am by tocky »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 09:02:45 pm
Tocky I don't understand a lot of what you're writing but I do think I get a few bits here and there -- I do echo that I think you need help by other people, not just self-analysis, some way to check with third parties, to verify your thought processes and even your experiences. I know that from your point of view this is useless advice - if you've been around for 15 years and you've been reading whatever I had to say for 15 years then please believe me I do not have any ill-will towards you at all, and I hope you get help.

Help aside, I agree with you: you're as right as me or anybody else, truth isn't in contest, perhaps what you have to say is valuable, and I do agree that you shouldn't be diminished to nothingness, here or anywhere. Please take care.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 10:17:49 pm
you gotta understand that that is wht im doing. by posting here i listen to the dissenting opinion and not just to myself, ans so i will find help outside myself as well. but i do not need it. you guys lied to me about the yus bird level and you will have lied to me about other things as well. i cn listen to all your voices in my head because i have been told this before. in fact dissent ruins me but i must hear it, because otherwise i estrange myself

like by telling me to get help you help me, however i am fine, i will persevere and i will make good posts. i ahve been listening to you guys for aeons

I TOOK A HUNDRED MILLIGRAMS OF SERTRALINE THIS MORNING BECAUSE I HAVE BECOME SAD AGAIN. THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS. THE PILL KINDA GAVE ME THE SHAKES. ITS A TRADEOFF IS WHAT IM SAYING. I WILL NOT BE MANIC FOREVER
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:14:42 pm by tocky »

Offline RAV

• View Profile
    • Blackbox Voxel Tool

Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 04:16:02 am
Tocky, you're a crazy motherfucker, dude. It's why normal people need a gun in the house, so you can't ruin their shit n' stuff.
Maybe I would give you a gun too and show you the backdoor in, but I'm not crazy, I'm not normal, I'm just too damn lazy.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 08:34:26 am
man, dont get me started on guns. i got a gun for a brain and im afraid to use it

im assuming its not ok for me to talk about solutions to gengargate on here, right?

(edit) yeah lets have the opinions on a different service as regards these ideas specifically

if you catch me in your house burgling hamburgers you have permission to shoot me; do not argue. i will escape, and you will wish for me to marry your daughter, before the week is through. but i wouldnt be a good husband, i dont have any money everything will spiral outwards into and endless wail of flailing limbs, eyeless screams, voiceless sounds. phantasmal echoes

decartes allows pixel artists to prove anything by mapping it in discrete cartesian space. this is irresponsible.

im gonna map a rgb space in this thread and move it later once ive proved why this might be useful.

so i've said that TOCKY-REDGREEN is 200,100,0 and ANTITOCKY-GREENRED is 100,200,0 (this is actually another of my fav colors, i lied to you)

so why not use all the colors in 200-space? we can even map the shades to the whole range if we like, thats a good tricky, but i have no problem with 200,200,200 as the brightest shade i can display, so im gonna probably just use that. we're sick of fullbrights anyway, too much eyestrain.

now we're throwing away a bunch of colors though: 200 might as well be 255, same power of 2.

we'd be throwing away 55 * 55 * 55 colors - whatever that is, thousands - 55 colors for each hue.
these states are still accessible - only if we exceed the maximum brightness for that hue. so each hue has these 55 ghost states mapped to it.

WHY THE HELL DO WE WANT ALL THIS GHOST DATA TOCKY
its not - its metadata. we have decided that not all colors are the same, even if they look it. there are 55 versions ov every color. we can use this to hide information the player does not wish to see

and so we can see that a color architect subnets color the same way a system architect subnets a network: they even use the same math! ipv4 is 32-bit, like 32-bit color. it is the same space.

so what are we doing with these extra 55s? im not sure yet. isnt this exciting?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:56:44 am by tocky »

Offline RAV

• View Profile
    • Blackbox Voxel Tool

Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 11:39:13 am
Einstein had a bomb for a brain. He was crazy. until someone took him seriously. things got nuclear. people died. so in the end he wished no one took him seriously.

It's like pot meets kettle here, so I'm not the one to flip you off. You need to troll around, 'kay. Prolly not the best place and not the best game, but hey, you sound excited. There's some entertainment on the meta level once in a while, fun exercise with words. just remember there's simple bots that crawl the net to produce a so called stream of consciousness non-stop. They spam shoe sales everywhere. Damn it, son. they're stealing our jobs. Hopefully we're not one trick ponies, or we're gonna look pretty old soon.

There's a difference between Math and Numerology, Astronomy and Astrology, crazy cool stuff and crazy stupid stuff. Being able to predict solar flares and shoot a robot to Mars, or telling people they should play lotto on Feb 28, because of how Saturn sends you some lucky cosmic energy that day. Of course it all makes sense. why not. it makes some sort of promise maybe, but what problem does it really solve? making friends? relax, dude, hang around, post a pixel, it's alright.

I know, there's all kinds of things going through your head, and people should appreciate this wonder. Just that people got all kinds of stuff going through their head as well. Tough crowd, man, how you're gonna sell them that shoe? See, that's what's called a punchline. that's some advanced shit.

So we both know there's something else going on here, right. this ain't no more about pixel art than Christmas is about Christ. But jeez, man, I died for your sins already.
Here's the advice, buddy: channel that creative energy to make a cool game. People then can talk about why your game is cool, tocky rulez and they should have listened.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 01:03:37 pm
someone has to work on the doomscii, i thought of it, if noone else does i will