AuthorTopic: Seeking CnC (WIPs)  (Read 6546 times)

Offline nitewalkr

• View Profile

Re: Seeking CnC (WIPs)

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 10:30:42 am
I took your critique under account and tried my level best to just show her as if she is just breathing.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 11:31:42 am
I like the character and this is looking very cool but the animation needs some work. DO THIS; stand up and make the most exaggerated ridiculous possible breathing motion you can, pretend you've just sprinted up a mountain. What does the motion look like? Take that motion and dial it back. For me the basic movement is bend down at the knees, drop the shoulders -> extend legs, pull shoulders up. Also throw in a bit of hand and head motion and the obvious chest expansion. You've hit most of those marks  but the legs don't bend properly and the hand motion is odd. I would also suggest while doing this to observe the order in which your body moves, everything doesn't happen at once, your shoulders hit their peak after your chest does. This is referred to as "follow through and overlapping action."

Often it's a good idea to try these things out to realise what the mechanics of the body are then you can go ahead and tone it up or down depending on what you're going for. Another small note but her uh, thing she's wearing instead of pants, should not move like that, it implies that her hips are compressing which is physically impossible. The only reason to even touch that area is if she's bending her leg from the hip. Also consider that when we bend our knees our whole body moves, you need to think of the body like a series of levers, if I want to move my knee down then my upper and lower legs have to become diagonal. Bones can't squish, they can only rotate.

Don't forget to act it out, I guarantee you'll learn something. Good luck  :y:

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 12:36:40 pm
Quick edit of your char, just a few points, you would do well to increase both your contrast and saturation on the char since its really small, also try to limit your color count, lots of redundant colors in your sprite:

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 02:15:23 pm
I think you need a more stylish and hipster approach to your char - also don't foget that the gamer's world is in need of strong female characters as well.

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 06:42:32 am
its a cool char I really wish I could edit right now but anyway lots u can take from these edits.
I actually prefer the double straps on her underwear in the original version but those lines do need some work.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 09:20:17 pm
I feel you're really close to something simple and elegant but you need to use less to get there

Why are you shading volumetrically when you're doing these lean aeon-flux type of sprites? Why not shade just simplified planes? It doesn't look like much on its own, but consider a whole gameworld with this concept.

Keep in mind I only used 3 single pixels in my edit.

I am not much for 'less is more', I don't like the cliche, but it seems you're already heading in a sparse space, be brave :)