AuthorTopic: four sprites  (Read 12564 times)

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Re: four sprites

Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 11:34:16 am
Nice improvements there.
I like how he bends forwards, gives a nice intimidating effect.
I noticed that his jaw, while looking pretty manacing, is totally unused in the animation.
You could make him say something before the chest bump

Also when he does is cutthroat move his chest and back muscles dont move at all. he could use some slight tweaks there.

Quick and dirty edit :D

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:09:35 pm by wzl »

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 01:38:41 pm
I like the animation, but I just think its weird how his arms just settle down into that neutral position. I think they should swing back a little then come back to that position. They should have some momentum.

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 02:16:04 am
Thanks for the crits :)

Ooo, I'm thinking I'll go with just silent for now. He's not the talky type :P I should find some kind of use for that jaw later on tho.

Fahrenheit:
That's a good suggestion that is. I'll have to see how I handle that when I make an idle animation for him, but yeah, it looks abrupt at the moment.

Right now I've been leaving the big man alone for a bit and tried some animation for the others. Best way to get a feel for whether the proportions work. I'm still a bit leery of em, heads seem big.

A shooting animation for the soldier man. Mostly done but still a bit sketchy in places.

I sketched out a walking animation for the girl as well. Walk cycles are the trickiest. Also not so sure about the sideways facing head.

I also tweaked the palette to get rid of some of that goldiness in the skin tone. They're all looking a lot more pink now. Little piglets. Better? I don't know. The palette is more balanced at least.

Crits and suggestions welcome. Thanks a lot again all who've been posting. It's been very helpful :)

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 04:42:42 pm
Soldier man's arm looks a little too high on the elbow. A slight bend won't hurt. Dynamic tension!
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 10:09:59 pm
Soldier man's arm looks a little too high on the elbow. A slight bend won't hurt. Dynamic tension!
I thought exact same thing.
first i noticed the animation looks sick and then thought it doesn't seem quite right that elbow is raised that high.

I'm only viewing on my phone but a niggling thing I see is that the gun drops back at a regular rate and could probably do with a touch of slow-in perhaps?
might need some other opinions but cant hurt to make a couple of variations to compare.

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 06:54:04 pm
If one arm is fully extended holding the gun, shouldn't the other arm also be? I tried to do this pose and found it awkward.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 08:04:32 pm
is the torso isn't rotated yes, they should be stretched to a similar pose. but if the torso is slightly rotated towards then there can be some difference.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 10:50:16 pm
@Dr D Pose is just as it should be, but I agree with other comments elbow on the straight arm should be a bit lower.

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 12:02:01 pm
Cool, how about this?

Yep the torso is rotated, like in the picture Harvey posted more or less.

I'm only viewing on my phone but a niggling thing I see is that the gun drops back at a regular rate and could probably do with a touch of slow-in perhaps?
Might be I misunderstood, did you mean the recovery part or the firing part of the anim? I tried to add another in-between for the recovery.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:04:29 pm by ErekT »