AuthorTopic: [WIP] [C+C] Pixel style superheroes~  (Read 2273 times)

Offline eggseedgame

• View Profile

[WIP] [C+C] Pixel style superheroes~

on: February 05, 2015, 08:02:03 am
Hi all, I am working in indie game studio with 3 people in Hong Kong.
This is my first post here. i am pretty new to pixel graphic and this is the second attempt to make game art for our own game! Happy to see that there are lots of excellent graphic to learn with.

Here is the pixel style of our game, superheroes are just for practicing. Actually our game is using similar graphic style with a battle war mechanics.

Just need comments of how people love/dislike this kind of graphic style. Thanks

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] [C+C] Pixel style superheroes~

Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:13:44 pm
First of all, welcome to Pixelation.  :)

Nice that you're sketching out the style first. I think your style could work, definitely. But it could benefit from attention to the lighting and forms of your characters. Also maybe remove the eye highlights, how much are they helping?
Here's an example with batman:

Oh also, you can post images at regular size, the forum has a built-in zoom feature. Click to zoom in, shift+click to zoom out.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: [WIP] [C+C] Pixel style superheroes~

Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 02:45:09 am
I think the eyes look really cute when highlighted and I think the square design might be easier to maintain for game graphics.
What kind of game will it be though? You might want to add some more perspective to it for a sidescroller.

Some thoughts..
Added the goofy looking mouth just for fun..