AuthorTopic: [C+C] Rogue Sprites  (Read 2790 times)

Offline LD

• View Profile

[C+C] Rogue Sprites

on: February 04, 2015, 07:53:47 pm
Hey, I'm new here. I've always been a big fan pixel art graphics, and I started trying to make some sprites for a roguelike game I'm working on. I have very low experience with pixel arting though, and they really didn't come out very good.

The first two columns are a two frame idle animation, the third column is an attack. Some advice on how I can improve these would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:52:09 am by LD »

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: Rogue Sprites

Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:10:48 pm
http://imgur.com/a/JOKAx#80

I did a project about class types not too long ago, and a friend showed me this in case I wanted some inspiration.  I don't see why you can't.

Anyway, more than one or two frame of animation is probably a good idea, but if it's so low res it probably doesn't matter.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:28:19 pm
They look pretty solid to me.

I think the thief’s green colours need toned back a bit.

Just a heads up, you'll probably get asked to post your sprites with a mock-up here soon.

Offline LD

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:17:57 am
http://imgur.com/a/JOKAx#80

I did a project about class types not too long ago, and a friend showed me this in case I wanted some inspiration.  I don't see why you can't.

Anyway, more than one or two frame of animation is probably a good idea, but if it's so low res it probably doesn't matter.
Thanks, although those sprites aren't really the style I'm going for, I might still be able to find some inspiration from them. As for the more than one frame animation, the two frame animation looks okay right now because it's so low res, but it might look better with more.

They look pretty solid to me.

I think the thief’s green colours need toned back a bit.

Just a heads up, you'll probably get asked to post your sprites with a mock-up here soon.
Thanks for the compliment, although I'm not really satisfied with them.

Is this better?

Anyways, I'm really looking more for advice on their form, particularly the hoods, and the the animation, but the rest of it needs work too. I've tried changing them a bit, but this is still my best draft by far. Any advice on how I can improve them?

Offline LD

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Rogue Sprites

Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 04:20:46 pm
I started to redo the knight sprite:

I think it's a bit better, but I know it still needs some work. Any comments, suggestions?