AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015  (Read 92308 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015

Reply #70 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:35 pm
I'm surprised this has gone on for as long as it has. There have literally been 92 posts from tocky since this started, all lunacy, all pollution. No one has time to decrypt this stuff.
At first I just thought he was having a bad trip or something. But this is some fantastic trolling, intentional or not.
If this was another user, another time, they would have been banned a week ago. How many double posts? How many necro'd threads? Moderators shit talked?
Most of all, rule one is don't be an ass. I feel like 92 posts of raving fit that criteria.
What does all of this communicate to prospective members?

I had a crippling depression once myself. I pulled myself out of it and came back to reality. I've also tripped many times on many things. On none of those occassions did I think it would be appropriate to express myself in a rational forum like this. What a waste of time that would be for everyone.
Most people understand on a fundamental level when they're in a mental state that is not conducive to rational communication. Probably everyone here has miscommunicated at least once, or made a mistake of etiquette. But occasionally someone is continually blind to their lack of etiquette, or they don't care, and it always ends in the forum being without that member for a time. Which is good for everyone—the forum is quiet again, and that person is given the opportunity to gain perspective.

Joker can be related to pixels, paperclips can be related to life. I am open-minded enough to listen to this. But the connection must be drawn through logic. And to be relevant, it should probably have some use to people. Otherwise, who cares? It's just noise. If any of this were sound, even if it rocked the boat, or revolutionized the way we look at pixels, everyone would listen carefully and there would be a fruitful discussion, as has been the case so many times.
None of it is sound. It's just games with semantics.

This community, to me, is many things... among them, a group of role models, people who think more carefully than I do. I prize this forum because it's always been a center of rational, methodical thought. I speak for myself but I suspect there are others; all of this sudden, senseless noise is nothing but a distraction. I really don't see why this should continue.

Pollution is the word that comes to mind.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #71 on: February 15, 2015, 03:29:17 pm
I have to agree 100% with Joe here and to add my own thoughts:

If I wanted to read conjecture, prose and bad philosophy while still retaining some semblance of an artists atmosphere I'd head over to the deviantart Philosophy and Religion forum, because I would have a whole lot more to read, without fear of losing quality(lol) in the content of the threads.

I personally enjoy this forum over others because there is no general discussion forum or sub-forums that tend to get polluted with nonsensical BS.

Mental disorders aside, the needs of one shouldn't be pushed onto a community that has largely expressed, in different forums and in different ways. That they are tired of all this.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #72 on: February 15, 2015, 03:31:34 pm
OK, THIS IS THE MOST SANE TOCKY SO FAR.

i advocate for chaos? why. because i understand chaos theory. i know what it is for. it's to shake things up around here.

you're saying there is no safe harbor for the sick or for the dead.

you're wrong. this place is safe. i can make it so just by talking about it.

BUT NO, THIS TOCKY IS A POLLUTION ON OUR VERY EYES. A SICKNESS. GET THIS SICK PERSON AWAY FROM ME

actually im healthy. i am gonna trim this community into shape. and not even as a mod, i can do it as a power user. because i've always been better at pixel than most of you guys, you can trust that i believe what i say when i talk about symbolism. all of this shit is real on here, we make it real by believeing it.

i didnt tell you guys i was crazy so you could use it against me. actually im not even crazy. anxiety and depression, from being treated poorly. you guys are crazy though because you refuse to admit you do not understand the basics of design.

i personally prefer the discussion on here to the edits. the edits are fine, but the discussion is why im here.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:04:30 pm by tocky »

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #73 on: February 15, 2015, 03:41:05 pm
I hope you're right tocky cause from where I'm standing I can't see the end game in all this.

On more on-topic off-topic the 25th anniversary of Voyager's Pale Blue Dot photograph was a couple of days ago. Click here to see my favourite rendition of Carl Sagan's wonderful monologue set to the tunes of Mogwai and the imagery from some great films.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #74 on: February 15, 2015, 03:43:42 pm
ok: end games

either i get banned or i dont. i prefer not to.

if i do get banned, i keep posting on goblin wars and pixeljoint and probably opengameart. i can steal your best dudes, or even just my best dudes, because you dont appreciate them.

if i dont get banned, this still happens. but we get a nice cross-pollenation of ideas that this community surely needs.

BUT YEAH I DO HAVE AN EXIT STRATEGY, DO YOU

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • View Profile

Reply #75 on: February 15, 2015, 03:49:22 pm
Nope. I like it here, it's cozy and warm and it smells like home

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #76 on: February 15, 2015, 03:56:57 pm
A POINT FOR YOU 32, FORE BEING COOL
anyway i miss this community, i miss having an audience who gives a shit. they dont give a shit enought htough.

the other thing is it doesnt matter how many crazy posts i make. i paid for that shit already. if its not more than half, im still doing better than the next nerd.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:58:57 pm by tocky »

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • View Profile

Reply #77 on: February 15, 2015, 03:59:52 pm
I agree, and I hope you find your way back here. I truly believe the pixelation I grew up with is the place all new artists should cut their teeth. Much as you'd like to mix it up, this place is not for us.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 04:12:13 pm
the thing is we can't turn back the clock, but we can use the archive. it's all still there, just the words not the pixels -- but, if you're not paying attention, words are pixels too, a lot of the old chaos stuff is from before i was even here. but i still read it. and so can anyone

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • View Profile

Reply #79 on: February 15, 2015, 04:18:40 pm
That's true, but honestly I never have. Ask me to 8 years ago and there's not a chance in hell :crazy: