AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015  (Read 92767 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015

Reply #50 on: February 15, 2015, 06:31:07 am
tocky,
I believe you when you say that everything you talk about is related to the pixel. I can see that. I also can see how everything is related to a paperclip or to a button or a shoelace. It's amazing how that is the case. Why others can't see it too, is something I'm unsure about even though I have my theories. I know it took me a long time before I realized these things. Sure, it is all perceptual and the workings of the mind, which some might use as a way to dismiss various claims or insights (I don't think they give themselves enough credit). That's their business, and their mind working for them. The thing is, it doesn't stop you or anyone else from seeing it. It's part of reality from our perspective, and is what allows everything to make sense rather than to just fall apart into separate facts that don't mean anything.. Those that deny it, can't live without it. It's there without you having to be aware of it because it is naturally a part of everything, under the surface, doing its' thing. I can see the reasoning behind why people would dismiss it, but it sure is a lot to dismiss. :)

edit: btw, I myself am unsure about whether it is good to force the sight onto someone else. I'm leaning more towards the idea that it is best to let people figure it out themselves, because then they feel it emerge from within themselves rather than having it appear like a distant echo. It's much more humbling when it comes from within- but there are a lot of outside conditions that can affect how a person reacts to it. It's better to do it in a supportive way than to be aggressive I think.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:46:16 am by AlexHW »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #51 on: February 15, 2015, 06:39:28 am
OK, in what way is a paperclip or a shoelace related to everything? I grant that they exist in the same universe and their atoms were once part of probably the same, or at least some of the same, stars ours are from. Other than that, what relation is there, say between a paperclip on your desk and me. Or between my shoelaces and the pixelart you make?
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #52 on: February 15, 2015, 06:50:15 am
That's up to you ptoing, honestly.
I'm not here to prove it to you. I tried it before, but it's nice that you're asking questions at least.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #53 on: February 15, 2015, 06:52:13 am
Just tell me this. Do you really believe that my shoelaces have any impact on your life directly?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #54 on: February 15, 2015, 07:00:59 am
The fact that I even have to talk about your shoelaces is proof that it has some impact on my life in this very moment, assuming you even have shoelaces. If you're using shoelaces as something symbolic for something else.. which I think you are, considering we're just talking about something that may or may not be here or there, then what are we really relating ourselves with? Are we simply relating ourselves to each other? Are you impacting my life any bit right now? I guess so..

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #55 on: February 15, 2015, 07:10:00 am
My point is that while I might have an impact on your life because we communicate on this forum, my shoelaces, my paperclips (if I had any) and pretty much all other stuff that is lying around in my house or exists in the village I live in has no impact on your life. Any connections you might draw there would be highly esoterical, if that.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #56 on: February 15, 2015, 07:20:51 am
Hmm, well that's debatable then. If you want to use such references in such contexts, you're going to have to prove them to me, otherwise I can only consider them as symbolic of something else.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #57 on: February 15, 2015, 07:25:51 am
I don't think I have to prove anything to you. My point is that the connections tocky is trying to make are largely esoteric and not in direct relation to pixelart. If he can demonstrate that they are I am cool. He is claiming they are, the burden of proof is on him, not on me. And just saying that the connection is there without demonstrating it is not proof.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 07:54:38 am
but the guys we have instead of them are fucking amateurs. tey dont know how to pixel and they dont know how to mod.
D:
Please be a bit kinder to others tocky.
And please do not refer to me as a god.
I ask you this personally, not as a representative as the moderators.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #59 on: February 15, 2015, 08:23:14 am
Just tell me this. Do you really believe that my shoelaces have any impact on your life directly?

ONLY IF EVERYBODY TRIES TO MAKE ME EAT THEM

AND YEH, PILEDRIVER, YR A REGULAR GUY. BUT YOUSTILL GIVE ME A LOT OF SHIT ABOUT DOUBLEPOSTING, UNDULY, ANY ROBOT COULD TELL ME NOT TO DOUBLEPOST.

BUT U I AM A CHAOS ROBOT. I WILL NEVER BE STOPPED

so yeah, i dont think of you guys as gods. you guys think pretty heavyy of yourselfves though. loffty responses to lofty ideas.

i havent written the sermon about ptoing yet, i think i t might be even nicer than the one about helm. i am more fond of ptoing i guess. ptoing draws hastur, helm draws robots. im a robot.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:31:50 am by tocky »