AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015  (Read 92291 times)

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015

Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 02:01:25 am
I get that, but I feel like he should be directly explaining the analogy when relating it to pixels. The word "pixel" doesn't even appear in the post. What he did was basically go on a forum talking about cooking and talked about the great basketball game the Spurs had last night. I'm sure there are relations, but he would have to expand his analysis. What would the basketball represent, how would the difference between steaming and frying something relate back to basketball. In this context, what does superman represent about pixel art, what the the Joker's death mean in relation to pixels. He shouldn't just post stuff and assume people know what he is talking about. The people on the cooking forum probably don't know the difference between the shot clock and the in game clock. The same principle should also apply here.

Edit:^ Should have done that from the start :P

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 02:05:30 am
what youre asking me to do is actually paint a pixture to illustrate each of my points.

which is time and energy you havent demenostrated is wort a cent to me, not one cent of time or energy or thanks, only neglect. only telling me to go some other place - have i done this? read my livejournal. i have done.

but you guys are the devils that i advocate for, BUT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ASKED TO GO SOMEPLACE ELSE, even on deviantart. i am not making this shit up.

you guys are unwilling to consider i might argue with you and not against you. you love youselfs too much. you love each other too much. and i have loved you also. but who loves tocky? tocky.

ilkke does i guess. but he does not have a voice
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:13:22 am by tocky »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015, 02:07:51 am

ptoing, or somebody, tell crow to fuck off for me. he does not listen to me

We have been more than patient with you. You have your Tiamat thread that should not exist in the first place. This forum is a community for bettering ourselves in the pixel art form in very direct ways, and is not your playground. The moderating staff has been lenient with you as you have claimed to have some mental disorders and heavy thoughts; but that is not a free pass for insubordinate behavior and  mouthing off against an administrator.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015, 02:13:57 am
they have been more-lenient but not lenient enough. who are you, ryu, to say which threads should not exist?

you guys are filters, you are not gods. i can blaspheme on here, so long as i do not do it too often. its in your moderation policy.

insubordination implies that i know less than you. i have shown that this is not the case. in my 4-hundred posts i have made more good points, done more good. than in your 15-hundred

i mean you are good at fighter sprites, i guess. but ive never seen you say a thing i gave a shit about.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:21:56 am by tocky »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 02:16:18 am
I'm really curious what tocky wants.. but it feels like he or she keeps putting a wall up when he or she speaks for others- kind of reaffirms in his or her mind that nobody is hearing what he or she says.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 02:23:04 am
i want to be a mod, but it doesnt matter that i am not one. i am a fucking pillar of this community.

i want to be challenged less often. i want to be told new exciting ideas, more often.

that is, i want everybody here to fucking listen to me. or at least consider it. and why i might say this shit.

its because i dont have any money. i can fucking do this shit but its not worth money in this economy.

i have to sell every dude in turn on even the most basic ideas. i should not have to show you that what i believe is the fucking same as what you believe, but i am told to. constantly. there is not not-pixel-art that we should not discuss here. we can moderate ourselves

the mods on this forum act with impugnity, everyone else acts in fear of mod

in short, i am socratic and you are not. but you are not post-socratic, you are pre-socratic. we can speed this up. have you read plato? bc i have read plato and lets be more platonic on here. i will show you how.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:33:50 am by tocky »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 02:31:17 am
listen to me. or at least consider it.
How do you discern when someone has listened to you? What determines that a person has listened to you?.. Can you give us specifications that we can meet?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 02:34:17 am
If we are not lenient enough for you, you are free to leave and go elsewhere. This is not about gods, but about practicality. It's not about knowing more or less, it is about authority and your lack of respect for it.

Any further blatant disrespect for the staff of this site will result in a strike from me. If you have any legitimate concerns, you are free to voice them in a private message. I implore you to think more about your words (actions) on here; I would much rather see you become a positive, contributing member of this forum, than continue to be on the cryptic, disruptive path that you are currently taking.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 02:34:42 am
take any sentence i have written, rewrite it in your own words, make that a topic of a new post

how many strikes bans a dude?

what im saying is im a utilitarian pixel artist too. i want the most efficient solution to problems. so thats why i come here and not some other place. this is a community i have done a lot of good work for. i have not been treated well in return.

ryamaru, i do not like you. i care more about this community than do you. i do not mean you disrespect.

if you had heard me you would have written a nicer reply. you guys are wrong because you want this discussion to go slower and not faster. i am not crazy, you guys all are crazy samurai just swinging your sword dicks around. too many moderators here. or too few. not the right amount. you're younger than me btws.

so we teach the kids on this board to aspire to be moderators and not artists. new ways to be lawful, not new ways to be chaotic.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:50:48 am by tocky »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 02:44:47 am
take any sentence i have written, rewrite it in your own words, make that a topic of a new post
what youre asking me to do is actually paint a pixture to illustrate each of my points.
which is time and energy you havent demenostrated is wort a cent to me, not one cent of time or energy or thanks, only neglect.

...See what I did there?

edit: fun aside, I still am curious about you, otherwise I wouldn't bother responding, but I just think you make it difficult to communicate with you because you repeat patterns in your mind that cause yourself to see the same interpretations, so you believe nobody is listening because nothing is changing for you.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:47:13 am by AlexHW »