AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015  (Read 92296 times)

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015

Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 01:28:08 am
I just proposed an addition to the experiment brush in Krita to support feathering. The experiment brush is similar to Contour-fill in GrafX2 or Cutbrush in TVPaint (ie. the user draws a freehand shape which is immediately filled with the pen color.).
The overall effect, with feathering, would be equivalent to using the freehand select tool in GIMP/Photoshop/etc with feathering enabled, then filling the resultant selection.

A very quick (5m) example of the effect:

I'm planning to implement this myself and am wondering if anyone knows of an application that already includes a drawing tool like this?

(in particular, I'm thinking about how the feathering radius ought to be controlled -- whether it can be modified automatically according to the relative size of the shape, or if there is a better way)
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 10:09:47 am
http://goblinwars.tumblr.com/post/110973727397/goblinwars-goblinwars-goblinwars-wreckmyshit

DCS HIGH LEVEL BULLSHIT (SPOILTERS FOR BATMAN AND JOKER AND SUPERMAN)

so yeah: they are robbing MOORE and he's not even in spinning his grave yet

i propose a new thread to discuss this problem.

yeah, crow culled the thread again so now i gotta argue for why its a good idea for me to write threads for this stuff, and not just post them here:

1-because spoilers (batman is important to lots of people)
2-because anonymization is relevant (why does dc have a goth subpublisher, dark horse? for us weirdos)
3-because the cult of the artist is relevant (why not moore)
4-because, and it pains me to bring this up, in a climate where they just announced 500 new super hero movies that are gonna make a bunch of money, they still own the trademark on the super hero, as an archetype - but there are ways around this

moore is our orwell, orwell with a troll mask on -- if i have to tell you why orwell is relevant to pixel art you are not paying attention. my art, the tocky art, has been made free and open source without my consent. and then still noone wants it. i do good pixels but i have to sell them to you dorks, even if they're free. and so i have become an open source developer wilingly, but also through force

so like all of this shit is relevant to pixel art. consider why it might be.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:10:49 am by PixelPiledriver »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 10:13:58 pm
DC and Marvel just own the trademark for the word superhero and quite a few alternate spellings like "super hero", "super-hero" and the like.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 10:40:44 pm
yeah which means that anyone else has to do super heroes with out ever mentioning the word, the brand, which is worth billions - super hero genre movie money dollaz to dc, dollaz for the dollaz gods

what they do here is fuck over the artist in favor of the institution

[insert picture of krabs from spongebob crying over his lost millionth dollar]
edit:

they can bring back the joker wheneer they like but they cant bring back moore, who defined that character for us all

gender (the super hero) and net neutrality (dc vs marvel) and the pixel (the cult of the artist) are related

im angry because they shouldnt own a whole genre, a whole gender, a whole aesthetic. it should be for all of us to own

but listen; i will tell you how to run your own hmburger empire, one with more-and-better roles for women. where's arachne's ramble thread? would she host it here or on her own website? why or why not? bc ive read all of arachnes posts. i would also read that thread. arachne has stuff she can teach us about the pixel, about horror, and about how to learn and listen. i've never been a pixel artis on her level but she does listen to good ideas, same as me, tocky. why not let her weave those webs even if we dont want them in our house

tbh i think we all creeped her away --- but she is still here
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:56:39 pm by tocky »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 12:27:22 am
Actually I am good friends with Arachne, we chat quite a lot. And she is as free to write a ramblethread as anyone on here, as long as it is about pixelart.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:04 am
i know that arachne is your friend, otherwise i would not mention her. you would not give a shit. you only care about your own friends.

she is your friend but she is not a mod here.

i have tried to write a ramblethread about pixelart and it is not as easy as it seems. people are unwilling to consider the good points i make here, for example, you have still not unlocked the joker thread, which indicates you do not agree with me, biut not that you are right. just that you retain the institutional power that lets you tell me im wrong when im not

i have only written about the pixel (by analogy) and you do not give a shit about the pixel truly. if you cared you would care about my analogies

we have one arachne and she does not post very often. how many should we have?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:44:15 am by tocky »

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #26 on: February 15, 2015, 01:43:13 am
I don't see how potentially having Sups kill the Joker for money relates to pixels at all :\

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 01:44:40 am
have you ever been asked to kill your jokers for no money? because i have

if we have to do the same story over and over, lets at least be paid in the respect that we each deserve

there are non-canon batman comics. i remember one on deviantart that was better than any batman ive read, even moore's

but that dude isnt getting paid

http://terminaitor.deviantart.com/gallery/9268321/Batman << go look

this dude only has one arm, by the way. he does this shit because he loves it

there's no need for me to be helm. helm is helm. i'll be tocky. you guys quit moderating me so much

ptoing, or somebody, tell crow to fuck off for me. he does not listen to me
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:57:05 am by tocky »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 01:52:33 am
I don't see how potentially having Sups kill the Joker for money relates to pixels at all :\
Everything is symbolic, allowing interpretation. I think tocky is interpreting stuff on a very long wavelength. The relation is there, just difficult to grasp if you haven't stretched enough to be flexible to reach to such lengths.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 01:57:48 am
i'll tell you the chain of logic that leads me to believe this. it is sound. just let me have a thread to write in for fucks sake