AuthorTopic: [PAID] 2D spriter for fighting game needed  (Read 4607 times)

Offline Slykor

• View Profile

[PAID] 2D spriter for fighting game needed

on: January 31, 2015, 02:46:17 pm
So let me clear all confusion at first, this IS a Paid job, though it's not upfront paid, we simply don't have the money to pay upfront or else we wouldn't be having a Kickstarter, many people claim that they do not like these terms and that's totally fine, I just ask you that if you disagree, do it by PM as it doesn't add anything to the confusion.

I am Slykor (Vasco Bento is the real name) and I'm the producer and programmer for Oblivion Games, we're simply a small team that's currently working on a 2D fighter in the likes of SF/Skullgirls/Guilty Gear, etc...

We currently have about 4 people working on the project and we just need one more vital person to the project which is the "spriter", which would get our assets done so we could really start the project, we have some art already and we have some music undergoing atm.

We ask you that if you're interested to not consider this as a "job" but more of a "professional hobby" as we do not think you would benefit from having this as a job.

Now, because of this "special term" we aren't going to let you make all sprite sheets for all the characters without getting paid, our term is having 2/3 character sprite sheets all done so we can have a running demo and when the Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns are done, we would pay you for your past and future work.

We're seeking people with experience with HD sprites, we're just asking for the biggest size you can get while confortable with it, we aren't going to ask you a full character done in a week, we ask you that you take your time and if you need anything, you just need to ask.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask please.

Offline miguerys

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] 2D spriter for fighting game needed

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:29:19 pm
I'm Miguel Angel a concept artist and animator part of Fu Essence.
I should clarify that I apply to this in my name, not the company's, because I'm a fan of fighting games and I'd like to animate HD characters. Perhaps if the Kickstarter goes well we can get more people of the team onboard.
Please, let me know more about the project.
email: migueldsgn[at]gmail[dot]com

Offline Slykor

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 04:36:47 pm
I'm Miguel Angel a concept artist and animator part of Fu Essence.
I should clarify that I apply to this in my name, not the company's, because I'm a fan of fighting games and I'd like to animate HD characters. Perhaps if the Kickstarter goes well we can get more people of the team onboard.
Please, let me know more about the project.
email: migueldsgn[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks for showing interest Miguel, please check your email so we can continue the conversation :)

Offline DaLk

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:53:51 am
"the spriter " ? you'll definitely need some plural here :)
also, having just 2 characters for a demo is enough,  proof of concept or some art for the others is enough at this point

Offline Slykor

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 01:35:57 pm
"the spriter " ? you'll definitely need some plural here :)
also, having just 2 characters for a demo is enough,  proof of concept or some art for the others is enough at this point

Pretty sure that's exactly what I wrote. "our term is having 2/3 character sprite sheets all done so we can have a running demo and when the Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns are done, we would pay you for your past and future work."

Offline DaLk

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 02:20:35 am
sorry, read it as two third.

yet, you still need more than one guy : that's a huge task, especially with HD sprites. ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515688&page=2)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:56:09 am by DaLk »

Offline Slykor

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 06:22:30 pm
sorry, read it as two third.

yet, you still need more than one guy : that's a huge task, especially with HD sprites. ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515688&page=2)

You gotta take into account though that Skullgirl's sprites are different that "normal" 2D sprites, they do animations ala tv-shows, that's not what we're going for here.