AuthorTopic: [C+C] Character drawing  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Janeator

• View Profile

[C+C] Character drawing

on: January 24, 2015, 02:00:16 pm
So, I made this. It's supposed to be a character for that game of mine, which is actually not progressing as a game :) It's not supposed to be a sprite, I'm just having some fun drawing stuff.

Right now I consider it to be done, but since I am terrible at that, any thoughts about the feet or also the whole thing in general?

Offline Angelonias

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Character drawing

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 04:38:45 pm
Quick thoughts, small feet and legs. I like the hair , nice shape and all, but the face. The direction of the face,(where she is looking) isn't the same with the direction of the hair. All i am saying make her look more left xD. Also, i believe she would look more awsome if her pants were wide with many folds and stuff. (Also maybe bigger boobs :y:)

Btw she looks great, good job! :)

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 04:52:16 pm
I'm no anatomy expert but it seems to me the proportions are somewhat off. The hands and feet could definitely be bigger.

The colors are pleasant to look at, if a bit low contrast. You can also do more hue shifting on the color ramps to get a more dynamic palette. Good sense of light direction, and really nice clothes and hair design :y:

Offline Janeator

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 12:57:22 am
Thanks for the feedback :)

Yes, the proportions are somewhat off, that's mainly because of two reasons:
  • I'm not a pro :D
  • It's not supposed to be realistic at all - it's just not cartoonized.

I don't exactly understand what'd be wrong with the hair - It looks alright to me. If that's what you're thinking, it's not supposed to be split in the middle. Maybe it looks that way because of the perspective? I think I did that right but please explain me why you think it's wrong :)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:16 pm
When you get critique, take it to heart. Answering that it's just a style thing and that you're not a pro feels like you're not trying hard to become better.

The hair seems fine to me too, but the hands and feet feel really tiny.

Offline Janeator

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:37 pm
When you get critique, take it to heart. Answering that it's just a style thing and that you're not a pro feels like you're not trying hard to become better.

The hair seems fine to me too, but the hands and feet feel really tiny.

But I agree - sorry if it seemed that way. It just is true that those are the reasons why in that image proportions aren't fine - but hey, i'm working on that right now :)

Offline Janeator

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 11:58:24 pm
So, here we go: Corrected proportions & position, added more darker shadows.
The feet are still horrible, I know. Hand turned out good somehow.