AuthorTopic: Need some tips [CC/WIP]  (Read 2163 times)

Offline CurlyBrace

• View Profile

Need some tips [CC/WIP]

on: January 20, 2015, 12:20:36 pm
Hey, guys.

Made simple mockup.
It doesn't look so good in my opiniion. I think its something about colors/saturation. Tried to play with Saturation/Brighness levels but no good results.

Offline Angelonias

• View Profile

Re: Need some tips [CC/WIP]

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 01:00:52 pm
Looks great! But to make it better in my opinion is to add some colors and a background. It would be nice if your dirt starts brown and as it goes down becomes blue-ish. Also above your platform you only have green, add more colors, red, yellow, brown(like a tree or a dirt tile or some colorful flowers). Also if you have a background with more things in it :p like mountains or a forest, i am 100% sure that your pictures will get much more beautiful!

Offline BatElite

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:38:45 pm
The gradient isn't really helping, and is also responsible for the mockup having 88 colours. It also messed with the colours of the middle coin.

As far as colours go, I think the colours overall are a bit too light. The main grass colour and the sky colour are very similar except for hue. I noticed desaturating the sky and increasing its value makes the mockup read better.

As a last thing, the slime seems to be too far down.

Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.

Offline CurlyBrace

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:19:11 am
Looks great! But to make it better in my opinion is to add some colors and a background. It would be nice if your dirt starts brown and as it goes down becomes blue-ish. Also above your platform you only have green, add more colors, red, yellow, brown(like a tree or a dirt tile or some colorful flowers). Also if you have a background with more things in it :p like mountains or a forest, i am 100% sure that your pictures will get much more beautiful!
Wow, thanks, dude.
I want this dirt to be blue-ish :3

Yeah, tried to add some flowers and so on - defently it helped.
I am not sure how to add background mountains and make it look nice. Need to spend more time i think

The gradient isn't really helping, and is also responsible for the mockup having 88 colours. It also messed with the colours of the middle coin.

As far as colours go, I think the colours overall are a bit too light. The main grass colour and the sky colour are very similar except for hue. I noticed desaturating the sky and increasing its value makes the mockup read better.

As a last thing, the slime seems to be too far down.
I added gradient because of the desperation.

You are totally right about lightness and sky.
Thats what I have after fixing. Looks way more better imho.