AuthorTopic: introduction  (Read 2016 times)

Offline stachada

• View Profile

introduction

on: January 17, 2015, 08:35:28 pm
Hi there, I just joined the forum. I wasn't able to find a more appropriate section for my introduction so I guess I'll just put it here.

I've been doing Pixel art since about 2004 (when I first read Bob&George). I haven't actually done much recently, and I honestly don't feel I'm all that great at it tbh, but that's kind of why I'm here. I want to get back into it, and get better at it if at all possible.

I used to use only MSPaint (Vista) and Photoshop (for transparency) and sometimes put stuff into Unfreez to make gifs, but I recently downloaded GaleBrowser (though I haven't actually figured it out just yet...)

Here's a bit of my work.

I don't know if there's a specific format for stating who owns what characters, but the first dude is from Team Fortress 2, and the last two are from a couple of anime.

Like I said of course, these are actually pretty old work, and I might be kind of rusty. Not to mention I have a pretty hard time coming up with ideas of what to do, so if you guys have some suggestion of what I could do for practice, that'd be pretty great.

EDIT:

I found some more stuff I thought was worth sharing.

These were all from an old TF2 Spraypack I made a long while back. They were influenced by the classic Megaman style, but I made them all from scratch.

This is a friend's OC that I did for her as a request.

And this is another Anime character.

C+C is appreciated.:)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:52:35 pm by stachada »

Offline MoonKit

• View Profile

Re: introduction

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 07:35:43 pm
Hello! I'm new too.
I did find a introduction thread here: Introduction Thread

There is a challenges thread for ideas: Challenges Thread

This is the place for critique too of your current work/projects. So whichever ones you want more feedback on from the ones you are showing, then this is the place.

Welcome to the site! OuO

Offline stachada

• View Profile

Re: introduction

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:07:30 am
well, I'm thinking this post may belong more in the portfolio section, since really I was just kind of showing some of my past work (I haven't done much recently, though there is one thing I'm working on) still, if anyone has C+C for any of the above stuff, I'd really appreciate it. I may even go back and re-work some things depending on feedback.