AuthorTopic: Soviet Propaganda circa 2389  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Limes

• View Profile

Soviet Propaganda circa 2389

on: January 16, 2015, 09:08:47 pm
Hey again guys. Need advice for the composition of this soviet Propaganda poster :) thanks.
GraphicsGale

Offline Joe

• View Profile

Re: Soviet Propaganda circa 2389

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:45:44 am
Hey Limes,

Composition, it's too busy. There's no immediate focal point and you have too many elements competing for attention. Either remove some or push them to the background using neutral tones. I would definitely change the gun overlapping the title, it pushes it way into the background. I'd have to see a better idea of what you're going for to give better critique, do you maybe have sketches?

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:17:00 pm
Hey Limes, I like your color schemes! And your pixeling! I don't like the gray bars at the top though and I don't like the 1 pixel thick black text. I would change the gray bars to another lighter shade of red. I think overall the composition is missing some of the bold "opmh" that old school Soviet propaganda had. Whats on the bottom right? Is that a sort of behind the shoulder view of a robot brain creature. Are those shoulder pads? It's not clear to me.

Joe brings up a good point. Do you have any sketches to share? It's really helpful sometimes to sketch out an idea repeatedly.

Offline Limes

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 06:12:59 am
Thanks for the response, Originally I just laid down the brain and the gun then from that point decided to do a poster. (not the greatest way to tackle a project ;D) I surely can do a bunch of sketches, After studying propaganda (have a whole book full of it) I decided that the focal point must be the soviet flag or symbol and above show an army

Kinda like this, then below the army there shall be the defeated alien brain things.

On the very top of the image it will read: уничтожить and on the bottom: оппозиция
GraphicsGale