AuthorTopic: Spriting/Animating on an iPad?  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Spriting/Animating on an iPad?

on: January 15, 2015, 11:33:11 pm
Because reasons, I've been out of a decent console for like a week. For this reason and because it could greatly benefit me in the future in some downtime, has anyone tried out any spriting/animating apps for like an iPad?

Spritesomething looked decent, but cost money and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Anything competent that can make sprites and then animate them in some transferrable format.

Offline michelcote

• View Profile

Re: Spriting/Animating on an iPad?

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 06:47:32 pm
I've tried basically all the free art programs on appstore, nothing caught my attention enough to keep. What I found a little while ago is realVNC. You get the app on your ipad and install a program on your pc (VNCserver), this lets you see and control your pc desktop on your ipad. Using this setup, I can tinker with my main toolset from anywhere.
The only downside is your cursor movement is controlled with dragging on the touch screen rather than snapping to where you touch, so it's not possible to paint directly. That being said, it's still adequate enough to push some pixels around on the go!  :)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: Spriting/Animating on an iPad?

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:53:51 pm
I've looked at it a bit, and it could potentially help out a bit.  I'll be sure to test some stuff with it a bit later, thanks.