AuthorTopic: [WIP] [C+C] Dog Suit Dude  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Thatsabigdog

• View Profile

[WIP] [C+C] Dog Suit Dude

on: December 25, 2014, 03:49:44 am
I've lurked on these forums for a bit and the community seems very friendly and helpful. I've been programming a game of mine for a little bit and when I get bored with the nitty gritty I always turn to the art concept and design I want in it. I'm no artist but I used to avidly draw a couple years ago and am hoping that I can rekindle my artistic spirit and make the characters for my game myself. This is my first little "experiment" and already I need some help  :-[ I was just wondering what you guys think of the proportions but specifically how I can create some dog ears as I am quite stuck on that part.
heres the pic  ;D

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Re: [WIP] [C+C] Dog Suit Dude

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:31:58 am
Hey Thatsabigdog,

Welcome aboard.

Regarding your art,

Good start, but he is a little flat, and there are some redundant colours going on.

Here is a little exercise I think might help:
Try picking 1 colour for each section, hair, skin, costume, and try to form out his shape  using those without the use of outlines. Make sure they are readable and clear. atm his silhouette is kind of just a blob.

Once you are happy with the shape add one additional colour for each section, a highlight for the hair, a shadow for the costume. Don't be afraid of contrast. You won't need more then one shade per section at this size.

At the end add in your outline and see if and where it works.

Hopefully this will get you to think of form and colour a bit more, atm I feel like your trying to draw with the outline and colour it in.

Goodluck!