AuthorTopic: 4th iteration  (Read 6694 times)

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Re: 4th iteration

Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 07:40:58 am
Night makes some great points, here are my thoughts(mainly on the corset):

I think when you raised the breasts you took it a touch too far  :-X

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 12:24:01 pm
after going over stuff with wolf I guess I nailed the wrong looking  parts of the corset, which all playe somewhat together.
Now the overall length of it is a bit shorter, the strap position is slightly different and the bulge and waistline are different in terms of the proportion relationship.

Then I apllied a few minor detail improvements here and there and I think it's now overall polished enough.

Here a direct comparison with the old version (which both use the new colors - for better comparison)

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 08:06:02 pm
I had a go at editing the lat/shoulder/trap area, heres a gif

I feel like more light should be hitting it

oh and i made the mole one pixel, didnt feel you need the AA? looked almost like a hairy mole!

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 12:34:16 pm
@Probo.
Best thing is how you seperated the dark plane, that's the good thing in it.

However shading wise you adfd there a lot of pillowed bands and the upper arm which receds in space looks now flat to the side and by far to short.
You also removed a lot of the corset effect. Might need to be a tad slighter than in my current version, but not as extreme as in yours.

Thanks for taking the time to write a crit.

last version so far:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:43:04 pm by Cyangmou »
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 01:26:05 pm
Lovely work as always Cyangmou,

I had a pass at adding some more structure and expression to the face. I may have sacrificed some of the faces roundness in the progress however (i'm not sure how integral to the character that is)

Not a perfect edit in every direction, but hopefully one or two of the changes help.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:28:09 pm by AlcopopStar »

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 01:34:52 pm
Just wanted to say great iteration and that AlcopopStar's face edit really brings more life and sense of personality into the character.

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 05:00:55 pm
ah! i didnt realise the arm was recessed down behind her, i got the impression its in the 'normal' hand-on-your hips position: jutting out and ever-so-slightly angled backwards from the model, but then her whole body angle brings it forward and into light.

alcopop your edit definitely looks even more feminine, shaved jawline et al!

edit> Night's edit on the previous page pretty much nails that withdrawn arm i think, although maybe the cuff would wrap differently?

edits of edits inbound

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:55:02 pm by Probo »

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 12:21:49 pm
Lovely work as always Cyangmou,

Not a perfect edit in every direction, but hopefully one or two of the changes help.

Agree, but definitely a really helpful pointer.
It has a few things I really like and a few things I considered to drop.

First of all: the cuteness and roundness of the characters face is very elementary -  I don't want to sacrifice that at any cost, since quite some work went into it.
Most changes for those cuteness things ar ejust a few pixels, sometimes even a difference of a shade in the right spot changes the impression a lot. Which makes it really hard to guess what's right and a lot comes down to playing around.

I made a lil chart where I applied the changes from what seemed important to me.

1 - original face from the last version
2 - added there shadow at the eye, but don't added the shadows close the nose which make the nose a lot less cute.
3 - you added highlights in the eyes, I liked the idea, don't liked you clusters, came up with a solution which adds a similar effect.
4 - which is most probably the biggest change - the jawline. Mine made her looking fat. Also from some skull studies I did over the last days I can freely agree that mine was quite off - also moved the ear up.
5 - lips - I liked how you changed the main-line, don't like how flat yours looked. Edited that as well. Also you added thare a single brown pixel in the corner of the mouth - had this one in the first version, but it makes it happier looking, but also more unsharp - left tha tone consciously out.
6 - little shadow beneath the eye from the cheekbone - unsure about that one actually, but I have the feeling it adds something
7 - the rounder shape of the eyebrows was nice, make the eyes even look rounder and cuter.

what I disliked: really thick eyebrows, the sharp chin and the decreased size of the head. This are all things which significantly take away from the intention and therefore i dropped those suggestions.
All in all a really nice edit I appreciated a lot.

Also edited the cast-shadow, the arm on the hip (hope it looks clearer now Probo) and a few other really small things.

-----

and another edit with an extented chin and a few more lil changes:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:25:54 pm by Cyangmou »

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Kosvid

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 03:48:50 am
and another edit with an extented chin and a few more lil changes
The small chin is better, imo. With extended one you lose a bit of the "elementary cuteness".

Marvelous work. I wonder how many characters we are going to see here.