AuthorTopic: Flying carrier pigeon sprite from the back  (Read 4939 times)

Offline oxysoft

• View Profile

Re: Flying carrier pigeon sprite from the back

Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 10:16:09 pm
Top is the original number four
Bottom is my edit

-Lowered the wings and made them thinner, which I think helps with perspective.
-Separated the body from the wings.
-Coloured the outlines a bit.
-Tried to apply a bit of texture to the wings and messed with the tail a little.

Do you have any other assets for the project already? You'd probably want the (lack of) outline to be consistent. Since the project is 3D, does it use models for other characters? If so, you might want to check if outlines would work with the style they're in. If you do use an outline, you can at least bring some of the darker colours into them.

Really liking what you did there, I'm surprised it didn't occur to me that the body would look better if it was separated like in yours.

And yeah, now that you mention it, it does look kind of wonky how the player has a thick black outline and the clouds don't. I like the colored outlines you put but I think if we're going to have colored outlines, we should go all the way and change the black outlines altogether for something less eye burning.

This will be my final sprite for now, with some of your changes implemented

Of course, it's tempting to go back on it and enhance it some more but I think I'm satisfied with it for now. The next update will probably be making it flap its wings (animation)