AuthorTopic: [c+c] Spaceship  (Read 6547 times)

Offline smithy101

• View Profile

Re: [c+c] Spaceship

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 08:59:39 pm
Thanks Phlakes, for the amazing comment. I am really impressed by what you have made. I am going to use you tips a lot, i try to practice a little bit every day. I like how you you described your proces of making a spaceship but I personally like to make a basic version on paper first and then recreate it as pixel art, that way i put a lot of effert in the silout and the place of the panels. But because of that i have a hard time adding details, or what you did in step 6. But like you said I have to go analyses a ton of references and pay some more attention to the derails or what it makes look so good.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: [c+c] Spaceship

Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 09:54:19 am
Personally I like to work more how phlakes does by blocking in a silhouette first, as do many other artists (among other methods).

Consider that while blocking in a rough shape, you can be fast, loose and creative with your designs.
I'm bad at creative but I believe working like this frees you more from preconceptions and restraint.
And anyway, if the silhouette isn't good there's usually no point developing it further.

Basically I'd recommend trying the method many times before discarding the advice.