AuthorTopic: The return of the GDR  (Read 11633 times)

Offline mandrake

• View Profile

The return of the GDR

on: August 31, 2005, 01:07:13 pm
http://gdr.kapo.ws

Some of the *really* old pixelation users might remember the GDR

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: The return of the GDR

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 06:14:38 am
Oh, wow, that's great to see.  Not that I ever posted there back when it was up... but still.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 02:07:52 pm
heh, the GDR? wow. I came by the time everyone was bitching about how spammy it was :p so I never cared for it.

still, cool that it's back for the guys who enjoyed it.

what's coming back next? pixelzone? :p

Offline mandrake

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:57:53 pm
It was never as spammy as Pixelation, however.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 07:21:03 pm
Oh, come on, Pixelation was never spammy. Crowded as hell, but not spammy.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 07:20:37 am
The question now is: do you think we should link to GDR from the index of pixel-arts.org? Could use a minibanner.. or a larger one I could make if need be.

Offline PoV (aka DrgnMaX)

• I can read your mind
    • View Profile
    • Click this and find out

Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 05:11:14 am
Thanks Pep.  I'll check with the other monkies that run the Circus there.  The word of mouth approach has done wonders for building a surprisingly focused community, bringing together those of us from the shadows, the docks and many more lost after the collapse.  Either that, or it's just been so long we have a lot to talk about. ;D

Some of the guys might be a tad concerned about it growing too fast, so I want to get their thoughts before I speak for all of us.

I do like your name for the portal "pixel arts", and there are a few other community service sites that might fit nicely under that banner.  The first is a mailing list for competitive game making competitions I happen to run at www.gamecompo.com (e-mail updates for Ludumdare 48, 72hourGDC and more).  The site/list is rather unknown at the moment (just over 50 subscribers), and could use some more publicity given the service.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:15:49 am by PoV (aka DrgnMaX) »

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 06:53:15 am
We'll be hosting the new 72hgdc, actually :)

I also have another two and a half services I will be adding to the site. More on those later!

Thanks for your help DragonMax :) Let me know what they think about some sort of link exchange.

Offline PoV (aka DrgnMaX)

• I can read your mind
    • View Profile
    • Click this and find out

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 04:15:38 am
Cool.  Things got a little wonky last compo.  Glad they'll be cleared up for next time.

Anyways, as for the linkage, yes.  Enough of the guys seem for it, so yeah, lets set something up.

I was thinking about some sort of button link back to the hub.  You guys have any interesting plans like this for pixelation?

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 07:09:14 am
Yes, we're very happy about the upcoming 72 site, actually. :)

Okay, great. My main concern was avoiding any undesirables from swarming to GDR via the pixel-arts.org hub, which leads me to pose the following question: I would love to create a 210x50 banner to proudly present GDR, however could a minibanner may be preferred if they wanted not so much in the way of exposure? I'm fine with either. Perhaps we should consider this a test run, use the large banner, and see if traffic is a negative or positive for GDR, and discuss the effects after a few months?

Interesting plans for Pixelation? How do you mean? When Pixelation is polished and ready, the members here may transition over, and Pixelation would then be linked from the hub.