AuthorTopic: Old Mt.  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Pinux

• View Profile

Old Mt.

on: December 31, 2014, 09:36:02 pm
"Just Wanted To say Hello I'm new on here" However I did this pixel art a while ago and I need some help with it I feel as though its bad There is a ocean on the bottom and that I wanted this to be a sorta far view

Redone? = >

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:56:01 pm by Pinux »

Offline Cream

• View Profile

Re: Old Mt.

Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 09:48:49 pm
Host your pixel-art on an image sharer, like imgur or ezimba. Then click on this icon here:

Then ctrl+c ctrl+v the pixel-art url link between the "img /img" stuff.

Offline Pinux

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:52:27 pm
Thank you

Offline Cream

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:20:16 pm
What this pixel art is representing? A sea with some mountains covered by grass? Explain a little more about your piece on the thread body. If no one knows what it is, it will be difficult to develop critics and help the progress of your work. Btw, is seems the colors are too pale, lifeless. Take references about every stuff that makes up your pixel-art. This will help you a lot, both in the reproduction of these stuffs in your pixel-art as for your studies of these stuffs(yea, doing pixel-art requires studies).

Returning to the colors, take an autorized color pallete to use, like Dawnbriger's one: .

Making your own is very complex, requires a certain study about it.

Offline Pinux

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 10:43:20 pm
Thank you once again Ill look over it a bit, however I don't know if its the colors or its just the art? so if its brighter with less dithering its sorta better but I think I'm just missing the entire concept

Offline Cream

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 11:19:49 pm
Adjusting the colors is only the first step.

The first version is very polluted, with several random and isolated pixels. The latest version is best to work from then on. Now, you need to define a point of light, and match all pixel-art elements to it, using shadows and lights. Work better the mountains, the clouds and the ocean during this step, using one or more references for each. Just do the sketch of these things. Try using a thick pencil / brush to do so. No detail, only a small sketch of what will compose the piece. For example of what I'm saying, take a look on the tree of a kevink's sketch with the Dawnbriger pallete:

As you can see, is unrefined and is NOT a finished work. He just made a sketch of the shadows, textures and lighting that will compose the piece.

Offline Pinux

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:38:27 pm
Seems Great thanks for the help  :)